Author Topic: Get rid of oil on windscreen  (Read 2506 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Get rid of oil on windscreen
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2005, 05:24:31 PM »
Originally posted by yayyyy
ok i downloaded it, where do i start? i tried uploading a gif i had on computer but it wouldnt play it was a still image when i hit preview :confused:

Open the program, click: File > Open > find your GIF.

Click on the sun glasses.

If it doesn't play, its probably not an animated GIF.

Check out the help files.

eskimo

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
Get rid of oil on windscreen
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2005, 05:31:17 PM »
will do..........did you purchase it or you use the free version with the talking everytime you exit?

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Re: Get rid of oil on windscreen
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2005, 01:27:49 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
- and was the US Air Force fined because they got back late? :lol

They got home because those radial engines could take enormous punishment and still function. IIRC they were air cooled, so the problem of taking a hit in the cooling system was not a factor. I once saw a picture of a plane with a radial engine, and one of the cylinders had been pretty much shot off - but the engine kept on going.

Now I'm not sure of the facts here, but consider this: In some cases, radial engines were built with two sets of radial cylinder arrangements, one behind the other. I would have thought that such an engine would be designed such that each set of cylinders has its own independent oil system, so that if one gets shot up, the other is still OK. That's probably what happened with those P47s.

Here is a picture of a P47 being rebuilt at Duxford. I'm fairly certain that what you can see here is two sets of radial cylinders on the same crankshaft.

The little cylinders things at the front bottom of the engine are the oil coolers. A little behing it, are respectively a wind deflector, then the oil cooler exit. The big yellow tank just ahead of the cockpit is the oil tank.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 01:29:58 PM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------