Author Topic: Never thought I'd say this..............  (Read 708 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Never thought I'd say this..............
« on: March 13, 2005, 08:15:13 PM »
I flew in the MA yesterday and it was a blast. I never see numbers over 10 in CT anymore excpet Tuesdays , and Thursdays.

If I'm going to get my moneys worth I guess it's MA from now on. If you fly CT right now its 1 to 4 people, if your Axis your going to be fighting  against a SpitV almost certain. Sheesh what did I wait so long for.:rolleyes:

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »
The move to AH2 hurt the CT a lot with players dropping out from computer issues or boredom with the small map choices. Its just now starting to turn around I think, and is getting better. That said, I always have a blast with the Hells Angels in the MA, so dont fret Lowe. :)

storch

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 10:37:48 PM »
set ups like the current one don't help much.  I suspect we may see low numbers even on squad nights.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 11:11:54 PM »
So far I have seen very few Spit V's, mostly I have seen P-38G's and P-40's. The Spit V isnt as bad if the 109G-2 and 190A-5 are available, but the one that really can handle it is the C205. The 109F-4 has no chance against the Spit V.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 09:11:28 PM »
The CT is basically a faliure.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 10:48:19 PM »
That's pretty harsh, Grun.   The CT staff works pretty hard at it.
I think Grit's explanation is believable.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 11:22:21 PM »
I enjoy the setups and the cool maps, but I dont think anyone can objectively declare the CT a success based on its usage rates before or after ah2.

storch

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 11:27:40 PM »
I think some plane sets should be avoided.  I wouldn't call the arena a failure.  I would never use the spitV unless HTC addresses the obviously gamey modelling.  If the planeset isn't carefully selected that week will be a flop.  this week as an example the allied planeset has all the fastest and best turning models.  It's very doubtful that a WWII combatant would run across every single aircraft in the opposition's inventory every single time they upped.

The arena seems to work better when the aircraft selection cancels each other out and the player's skill determines the outcome.  see which scenarios are the most popular and see why.

I will no longer even show up if the spitV is present, let alone when it's accompanied by everything else like this week.  the MA works just fine on those occasions.

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 10:02:50 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
The CT is basically a faliure.

Doesn't help when you show up and start berading the arena the second you show up. I had to squelch you 2 minutes after you entered. That's a sure sign that your attitude was a failure.

VWE

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 10:24:04 AM »
Should have dumped the Spit5 this week, kept the overboosted Seafire on the CV's... I tried this setup early on, and yes people started off flying the 38's and 40's but after you shot them down once or twice the air quickly filled up with Spit5's. To go 1 on 1 with a Spit5 in either the F4 or G2 without gondies and just a single pop gun is fun... but not against 2 or 3 or more.

We did a group mission in the MA  using the Spit5 and I felt like I was cheating... I see no senario where the Spit5 would even fit in the CT considering the numbers.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 11:12:46 AM »
Originally posted by plank
Doesn't help when you show up and start berading the arena the second you show up. I had to squelch you 2 minutes after you entered. That's a sure sign that your attitude was a failure.

Yes, me being there once in a blue moon (like 99% of the AH subscibers) drives everyone away....

:rofl

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 11:24:23 AM »
Yes, me being there once in a blue moon (like 99% of the AH subscibers) drives everyone away....

I never said that, I just said it didn't help. Want to put anymore words in my mouth, or just keep putting your foot in your own?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 11:31:39 AM »
Oh yes Plank, you only said I help drive people away....

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005, 11:33:16 AM »
Oh yes Plank, you only said I help drive people away....

No, I didn't say that either. Maybe you should reread my post, your short term memory seems to be failing you.