Author Topic: Smile.  (Read 799 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: Smile.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 10:44:41 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
I thought I liked the ocean. I am floored by the prairies. Nowhere else have I ever had the sense that "this is home."

Mmmm...  

The praries:

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Smile.
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 10:46:43 PM »
Grun,

That photo has the makings of a photoshoped motivational poster paredy written all over it.

Offline ThreeWordAnswer

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Smile.
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 10:52:23 PM »
Originally posted by OneWordAnswer
ghey.

Go with it.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Smile.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 10:54:07 PM »
So I'm looking at that picture....

And I'm thinkin'....

So?

Freakin paradise.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Smile.
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 10:55:47 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Can I change my answer???

ROTFLMFAOAPMP!!! :lol

Seriously, I like both your answers and Grun's answers, I share those things with the both of you (well, OK, the Canuck thing's mostly a joke....mostly....and substitute liquor for beer then we're in sync ;))

Nash, great thread, thanks. I'll add:

My 7 year old grandson who its my privilege and pleasure to have to raise. He's a constant source of joy and I eagerly await the years we will spend growing together.

My job. I've had a good career since I got out of the USAF in 1974, but I abandoned my field of expertise in 2002 due to burnout and a desire to work in a different environment. Beginning in January 2003 I started at management entry level in a completely unrelated field, and have been fortunate enough to prosper there. The coolest part is that I work for a large corporation that's truly benificent both toward its employees and the community(s) that support it. Its really rewarding to work in an environment where you enjoy all the benefits that being large and well provided for provides, and at the same time being able to be proud of what you do because your chain of command demands not only fiscal success but also adherence to good ethical standards. I'm a really lucky guy in this regard.

The weather where I live is wonderful.

I'm fixing to go fishing soon, and in a way most folks aren't ever fortunate enough to be able to do.

I've got a new and fairly hot-rod computer paid for and OTW via fast freight, soon I'll be able to see AH2 as other than a slideshow.

And the Coral Sea scenario starts soon. It looks to be one of, if not the, best ever.

And I have the pleasure of being on an extraordinary team in that event (but I do need one more pilot, if anyone wants to fly with my group please e-mail me its going to be a hoot!)

I, like Tumor, have a noodle and like using it.

Plus, mine's bigger than his :D

culero (its all gud ;))
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Smile.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 09:34:53 AM »
yep... point is to enjoy what you can and to work to change the things that are wrong in your life.  

Nash my 3 year old grand daughter is in the other room watching cartoons and eating rice crispies... I have had her all weekend.  I musta missed my kids growing up cause I see a lot more now.  Maybe it is the lack of drugs ya think?   I have enjoyed every place I have ever lived until it got too crowded.

culero.. My ex and I are raising her.  I do what I can but being a single male and not that great of a parent.. I have her a couple of days a week.  My job is near it's end and I know too much about it so can't play the game the way I should anymore... looking forward to retirement in a few years.   Sun is shining... guns and hot rods all around me but I don't mind that I have to raise the grand daughter today instead.

lazs

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Smile.
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 10:12:54 AM »
These are in reverse order.

3. I'm happy that we are free to travel around the country and see just how big and varied this continent is on our schedule with no reason to hurry.

2. I'm happy that I am reasonably healthy and that I can do most everything I want to. I could be far worse off than I am now.

1. I am happiest that my wife is still cancer free after 5 years and can enjoy life with me.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Smile.
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 10:17:54 AM »
Me too Mav:)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Smile.
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2005, 11:09:23 AM »
Since nash says I have to work on my Karma, here's my contribution.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Smile.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2005, 11:13:11 AM »
:aok

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Smile.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2005, 11:24:38 AM »
1. Really happy I woke up this morning. Hope to keep this string going for a few more decades.

2. Really happy I have a close-knit family; parents, wife, sons, brother & sisters, in-laws, nieces and nephews. It's great to know and love so many that are so closely intertwined in your life.

3. That prairies exist...and can be walked with Labradors. Ever been cutting wheat when a boiling, roiling, huge thunderstorm swept across the prairie from horizon to horizon, coming right at you? The sudden drop from 99 degrees of searing heat into 60 degree gusts spattered with rain? The booming of thunder, the crack and flash of lightning? Such power and majesty. (I like mountains too...)

4. Friends that are as comfortable to be around as an old shoe.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Smile.
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2005, 11:28:21 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

I Concur
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Smile.
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2005, 08:03:28 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
snip
culero.. My ex and I are raising her.  I do what I can but being a single male and not that great of a parent.. I have her a couple of days a week.  My job is near it's end and I know too much about it so can't play the game the way I should anymore... looking forward to retirement in a few years.   Sun is shining... guns and hot rods all around me but I don't mind that I have to raise the grand daughter today instead.

lazs

lazs, its not only the right thing to do, but you're enriching yourself by doing so. She needs the balance in life you're giving her, and as I said, there's payoff aplenty.

My wife my grandson and I are a family unit, but I work so many damn hours a week its pretty much the two of them Monday through Friday, mostly school/home. So, like you, I usually take over on weekends, and I leave Rebecca at home while I guide Josh a little and let him explore the world. He's fixing to start learning about boats and fishing this summer, for instance :)

It gets better as you go along, man.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Smile.
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2005, 08:05:02 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
snip
3. That prairies exist...and can be walked with Labradors.

Best_dogs_evar

culero (dog guy, loved his Labs the best)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Smile.
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2005, 08:25:56 PM »
These three:

and this one:

(Due home from the NICU when she learns to breath and eat...)

eskimo