Author Topic: New Version 0.34  (Read 671 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
New Version 0.34
« on: October 07, 1999, 12:50:00 PM »
A new version has been released.  You get it by logging into the arena with the old version and auto-updating, or you can get it from our download page.  Also available from our download page is a high-resolution texture patch.  To use the high-resolution textures, you need to have at least 8 MB of video memory on your video card.  Download and install the patch and you're set.  If you need to uninstall it, delete the file "hirestex.res" from your Aces High directory.

From a coding and art standpoint, a lot has been done.  I'll get together a list of changes and post them up later today.

OTOH, I've been slacking at home in bed these last two days with the flu.  This release was delayed and a lot of things that were to be in it had to be left out for now.  I wasn't able to get Ogre's latest terrain build into this version.  There is a bunch of work in the plane modeling that I didn't get to.  I made some changes into the ground handling of the planes but didn't finish that and that leads to some other oddities.  The damage modeling I wanted to rough in a little better for the short term, but I didn't even get to that.  The next version should be much improved in that department.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations