Author Topic: 10 Day Weather Forecast  (Read 1207 times)

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 01:58:48 PM »
we do have clouds..in fact i was diving in and out of them a few days agon..only found them on 1 spot on the map..im talkn about cumluous minbus style too..not that thin stratus stuff

forgot what map..a big 1 tho..

yes i really enjoy puffy clouds

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 02:20:45 PM »
saw the same thing just the other night, i think it was around the VH bases on the current map.  twas very nice.  would love to see more variation in the weather though...but i have already stated this about a zillion times so i wont beat a dead horse...

except to say that a realistic environment is essential to a realistic flight sim.

i digress.

:cool:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 02:44:45 PM »
I think it all comes down to performance. Weather=lower frame rates. As more players update their equipment and the new players have better computers to start with these things will come. We've seen some of this in the past few months, clouds, haze on the horizon. What I'd like to see is:

Thicker Clouds
Rain
Storms
Wind (at varying atl)
Snow (GV battle in the snow? Cool!)
How about 15-30 minutes of night roll across the map?

Things I'd like to see gone:
Twilight @ prime time EST. This Stinks!
Trees and brush growing out of near verticle slopes. (not really a problem it just looks stupid. Put some rocks or shale in there.)

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 11:58:56 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
weather should be the last thing HT spends programming resources on

Fair enough, what then?

More planes?   for people to complain and whine about
More GV's ?      for people to tell players like myself that this is a FLYING game an not a ground war
More maps?      for people to complain about spawn camping, alt monkeys, gotta fly to far, the "X" country has the advantage
More eye candy?   for people to whine because thier frame rate is poor & they cant afford upgrades

I'm sure the list would go on & on

Tossing in some overcast weather is no more difficult or time consuming than making a pot of coffee

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: 10 Day Weather Forecast
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »
Originally posted by kevykev56
In the Main Arena:

Today: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Tomorrow: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Wednesday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Thursday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Friday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Saturday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Sunday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Monday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Tuesday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

Wednesday: 24 Hours of Sunshine, Winds 0mph and  0% humidity Chance of rain 0%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else looking for a change? :rolleyes:

Have you got a swell report to go with that  ? - looks like a nice place for a surf trip
I come from a land downunder

Offline Dipper

• Zinc Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 12:49:04 AM »
Originally posted by MOIL

Tossing in some overcast weather is no more difficult or time consuming than making a pot of coffee

1. Get fresh water. It is important the water is of good quality.
2. Poor the water into the coffee maker. Note the number of cups on the scale of the coffee maker.
3. Use a fresh coffee filter.
4. Use a coffee measure, and add as many measures coffee grain, as there was water added in step 2.
5. Close the coffee maker and put the switch to ON possition.

WARNING !
Hot coffee can burn you ! Dont wash cloths with hot coffee. Dont attempt to offer coffee to wild life. Even if some coffee looks like oil, do not use it as lubricant in your car. Dont give children coffee. Dont attempt to eat coffee grains. Dont flush used coffee grains in toilet. Coffee grains can clogg your sink drain. Remember to switch of the coffee maker. Dont use the coffee maker in a bathtub. Dont wash your hair with coffee. Dont drink more than 2 cups of coffee per day, 8 gallons a day is way to much. Dont stick your finger into hot coffee. Dont drive while your dirnk. Dont run with hot coffee. Do drink while flying AH. Coffee is addicting, you will get a one day headache if you stop drinking. Dont drink coffee offered by a smoking monkey. Dont drink coffee made by a man with his zipper open. Don't look at your watch that is in the same hand that is holding your coffee mug.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 12:56:04 AM »
I miss the clouds that we could fly through.  And, in AH1, I used to love those heavy cloud banks that would roll in from time-to-time.  Damn fun when you gotta RTB and the airfield is socked in by heavy overcast.  :D

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 08:34:11 AM »
last night there were TONS of clouds between A4 and A10, was some great fights losing visibility, and not sure how close the ground is (almost hit trees 2 times because the clouds obscured them)

it was cool as heck.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 02:00:07 PM »
THe films would be cool if the clouds were recorded in them as the actual events took place. I once had a great film of the 412th in P-51s engaged against the 56th FG in their P-47s. The fight went all up and down through clouds, planes zipping in and out of visibility.. was such an awesome fight....

Then I watched the film, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky... The whole coolness factor of that fight was ruined with the coulds missing. Instead of seeing planes get lost in the clouds to avoid being shot down, it was like the attacking planes just suddenly stopped chasing their target for no reason... lame

:confused:   I have several AH1 films that have clouds in them.

Btw, night time and full out weather is needed.  This perfect day crap is starting to get boring.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 02:27:48 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
This perfect day crap is starting to get boring.
do you play on many places of the map in one night?

like i said above, ther was awsome ground level cloud effects by A4 / A10 last night, and a few other places.

i'd say check out at least 10 bases in a night minium. i'll bet you'll find soem good low cloud effects.

think of it this way, not everyone wants clouds, some just want to furball on a sunny day. some want to fly in the clouds and bomb. some like the very thing you hate.... and some hate the very thing you love.

if HTC were to put clouds and bad weather across a whole map it would send many away. remember night? all the complaints becasue it just so happened to randomally occure during prime time US? imagine if the "storm front" covered the map every day at 7PM CDT?  

yes we dont have "storms" with rand and junk, but there ARE clouds that work rather well, and effect gameplay.

as mentioned before, there are many other things to be cleaned up in the game before major resources are devoted to weather IMHO, not to mention if it is not "perfect" the FR hit may isolate many a player.

maybe there shoudl be a few more, maybe a few less, i dont know. i do know that i got sick of flying in them, and went somewhere else after a few sorties.

thats the beauty of AH, there is a part for everyone somewhere in the game.

instead of trying to make HTC change the game to a personal ideal, look at the big picture.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 03:42:09 PM by JB73 »

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 02:36:09 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
:confused:   I have several AH1 films that have clouds in them.

Btw, night time and full out weather is needed.  This perfect day crap is starting to get boring.

You may have seen AH1 films with clouds in them, but the clouds shown may or may not have been there when the film was made. Remember in AH1 that the cloud system started at one point on the map and slowly moved across the map as time went on. Well, the same happened for the clouds in the film viewer. Of couse, the clouds started in the "start position" when the film viewer started, so if your 20 minute film was recorded in the middle of the map, where the clouds don't get to until an hour after the start position, then the clouds don't show up in your film during playback.

It was the same way with trains and convoys, they didn't show up on the map the same as when the film was made. We had a specific film that was supposed to show the killing of a convoy by a pair of P-51s... when we played the film back, there was no convoy to be seen.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »
There is some pretty decent weather in AH2, was defending in a tiger the other day and a cloud bank rolled though the mountian pass..  Looked pretty nice.  I'd like to add my vote for some more weather as well please.  What we have now is nice but some more and more variety would be even better.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 04:41:25 PM »
we had some good clouds in ah1, and they didnt kill your machine like all of the recent experiments have. I like the cloud layer thing we have now, not sure how realistic it is, but it at least helps keeping your orientation to the ground, if i see one more   blue sky im going to gat myself.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 09:09:33 PM »
So far since clouds have been added, I've only seen them once.  And they were the poofy clouds at 10k exactly.

I'm not saying give us rain 24/7.  But I would like to see some ****ty weather here and there inbetween standard weather.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
10 Day Weather Forcast
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2005, 09:13:06 PM »
BTW lazer... i was not directing all my comments at you, was just a generalization to ask a question / make a point