Author Topic: Attention Slash  (Read 336 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Attention Slash
« on: March 30, 2005, 08:44:55 AM »
Hey bud the Blue Angels are going to be flying in Ft Worth  Saturday, and Sunday. I'm going to take my youngest son and go watch them Saturday. It's right up my alley military aircraft, and free. It's going to be at the Ft Worth NAS. If you plan to go e-mail me . johnvan52@yahoo.com    

The Thunderbirds will be in Ft Worth late September if you can't make this show.:aok

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Attention Slash
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 12:39:15 PM »
LOL, those biotches fly over my house and wake me up when I'l trying to sleep in all the time. Got to work today and they were rattling every window in town. :)

I'm a little jaded, being a USMC pilot brat,  and living in Pensacola, I've seen shows probably over 100 times and I watch them practice 20-30 days a year, but I recomend anyone that has not seen them to do it if you have the chance. They were the best when they flew A4's, they REALLY got close, but they arent bad with the F/A-18's either.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Attention Slash
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 01:02:58 PM »
Well Grits they always have a Marine flying in the squad. The last time I saw the Blues was in the early 70's they were flying F4's. It was a great show, I was about 12 or 13 years old, and thought they were gods.

After 16 years in the Air Force I was tired of seeing the Thunderbirds , but now that i've been out 10 years I miss them too.

Offline VBF_83Hawk

• Zinc Member
Attention Slash
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 08:02:19 PM »
Had thier CO call and apologize to "us" when I use to tow banners down there.  They had a block time on the P'cola beach.  We, me and two other banner tow planes, busted in on the beach at the posted cleared time.  They claimed we were an hour early....we were actually on time, 12 noon sharp.  They buzzed us a few time but we stood fast and did our thing.  We got a call two hours later.  The NAVY was wrong :-)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Attention Slash
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 08:05:08 PM »
Wonder if they "locked on" Hawk? I would have:D  

Offline VBF_83Hawk

• Zinc Member
Attention Slash
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 08:06:10 PM »
Probably.  If only they had known, I bet they would have shot huh?  :)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Attention Slash
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 08:08:42 PM »
lol:aok

Lowe, Ill shoot you an email. Not sure if I can make it, would be cool as hell though. Ill know by friday for sure.