Author Topic: Help.....  (Read 293 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Help.....
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:28:31 PM »
I am new at makeing maps but i want to try to make some for the CT i know how to make airfields strats u know the simple stuff but i have now clue how to make the map pic. and have no clue what tiles are can yall tell me pretty much how to do everything to make.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Help.....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »
Ok lol first the tiles wish i had some thing that can take screen shots... Ok here we go tiles are sets of land that are 1 mile lol ex:Farm, Grass, Water, Rock, Grassy Rock, Snow, Forrest. Kinda newb at this so if i say some thing wrong then tell me. Now the map create a file called texsrc edit the map put the name 25mile thing then comp rose. Save as the name of map ex:FFAv2 save as bmp file 256 color done.* True
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 01:55:46 AM by SkyChimp »

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Help.....
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 06:34:56 AM »
Well, in the old TE the tiles being 1 mile square would be correct. In the TE for AH2, the tiles fill a 1/4 mile square area.

The tiles are currently 512x512 256 color bitmaps, however 256x256 or 1024x1024 will work without a problem.

Start small and simple. Make a small map. save it and exit the TE. Now in windows go to the folder that contains your new terrain and create a new folder in it called "texsrc".  Re-start the TE, click on File, then on Make Map. On the window that pops up, leave everything as default at first an click "OK".

You'll now find a new bitmap in the folder for your terrain called "MAP.bmp". Open that with your favorite graphics program and save it as a 256 color 8-bit bitmap. Call it the same name as your terrain (ie: myterr.bmp). And save it to the texsrc folder you created earlier.

You now have the map that shows on the clipboard in AH.

Screen Shots: Hit the "Print Scrn/SysRq" button on your keyboard and paste in paint or any other graphics program.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 06:43:52 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.