Author Topic: This week's setup for April 1 - 7  (Read 725 times)

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
This week's setup for April 1 - 7
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 12:33:46 PM »
I am totally stoked about the CT! I vastly adore it over most of tha MA's aspects.  I had great fun last night flying under the 68th and truly look foward to this weeks!!!:aok

Oh hey you guys,  the idea has peen knocking around to make a weekly event out of the CT much like the SA on squad ops!  I think it would be really cool to see this come to pass.  

Picture it, a bunch of squadrons getting together like on squad ops.  The cool thing is there are no frames just structured, goal oriented fun! :aok

storch

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 02:52:55 PM »
Originally posted by DaddyAck
I am totally stoked about the CT!

do you still surf? :D

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 11:11:58 AM »
Nope, never have been.  Though I remember the lingo from that whole surfer guy / valley girl era as it was at one time the "thing". I am just really upbeat about the CT.

:cool:  dude.....

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 05:47:01 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
I'm not sure I understand this setup.   Why limit the US forces to a single fighter model airframe?

I thought the CT was more about historically accurate theaters with regard to time/place/combatants.    One of the complaints people seem to have with the CT is limited planesets, and it seems with this setup we've gone out of our way to limit the planeset.    Kind of like this week with no P-51B or P-38J.   Certainly these planes were available during the time and place being depicted, and being less capable than their later siblings - what would be the harm in having them enabled?  

I don't mean to be a wet blanket - I've noticed a resurgence in the popularity in the CT, thanks in no small part to the recent great setups and VWE's open discussion of the effects of JG54 on the arena, and I'm glad for that.   But it looks to me like the CT is becoming more of an 'arranged match' arena, rather than a historically accurate arena.

Please, though -- consider making it a USN/USMC/USAAF vs IJ 1944 slugfest and enable the appropriate a/c.    I'd prefer as wide a variety of airframe choices as possible, dictated by the time/theater.

As always, thanks for your efforts in keeping the CT up and a viable alternative to the MA!

Might be a good excuse for some Headhunters to come get killed in the CT if their 38s were around :)

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005, 08:21:52 AM »
the week is over

I think the date is 04/09/05

please change the arena, disable base capture & set base damage renew to < 5min

or if this is staying for another week, give the allies a t&b plane

thanks
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2005, 08:57:27 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
the week is over

I think the date is 04/09/05

please change the arena, disable base capture & set base damage renew to < 5min

or if this is staying for another week, give the allies a t&b plane

thanks

Ditto