Author Topic: Regrets of Drugs Use and Booze Poll:  (Read 837 times)

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
Regrets of Drugs Use and Booze Poll:
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 03:23:02 PM »
I drank like a cossack every Friday and Saturday night, from 15 to 20 yrs. old. Then I just stopped, guess I just wasn't going out so much anymore. I neither regret nor miss it... i'm 30 now and just drink while dining outside with the wife and friends, in fact, at home or alone I sorta dislike alcohol, even wine or beer. Tastes better in company.

Smoking legal or illegal stuff just never appealed to me... or maybe I just was spending it all in booze :)

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 04:37:38 PM »
Smoked from 19 to  29... then I quit for two years!  Started smoking again a year ago ...

I wish I had never started smoking!!  I don't care if it changes who I am now, I would almost sell my soul to go back to that day I became a regular smoker and change it.  

Don't do any illegal drugs and rarely drink nowadays.  No regrets there.

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 07:47:20 PM »
I'm a cocaine addict, I haven't used it in 14 years but I do believe that it is only 1 small step away from me again if I ever tried it again. I started with pot, moved to speed, then on to herion and cocaine. I am 40 years old now and I missed out on my prime years through high school, I was too wasted to remember much and the only sober times I had between 1978 and 1990 was when I went to jail for drug related charges. To say I regret my drug use now is an understatement but it's impossible to know what may have become if they hadn't played such a large part of my life. I was the first in my family not to go to college...hell I was expelled from high school for dealing when I was a sophomore... but you play the hand you're dealt and I try to not look back at the old times and concentrate on my future, I'm married (10 years) with 2 great kids, run my own business and have a group of friends that stuck with me through all the crap, letdowns, lies and broken promises that I made to them over the years. For that I'm a very lucky soul.

DaPup

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 08:42:23 PM »
sig material:D

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 09:03:37 PM »
i'll let you know after i'm finished with them.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 11:38:55 PM »
All my regrets come from ****ing my life up without booze and drugs, lol.

Having a druggy alcaholic dad, made me a tad antidrug/booze as a kid.

I dont blame the drugs and booze now, I know it was him and his apathy for life that gave him his problem.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2005, 01:20:29 AM »
even if booz had wrecked my life, the effect it has on woman would make it worth it.

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2005, 03:59:03 AM »
Tell you what I had about a 9 year run of partying during the mid 80's to the mid 90's. During that time I smoked like a train, drank like a fish and tried to bone everything in sight. There were many regrets. But the thing that everyone is missing is the "God" factor. Do things really happen by chance or is there a plan that was laid out and we are just following along. Alot of us would agree that we did some stupid watermelon way back then but would we really want to change the person that we have become. Sure maybe some of us would say "yes I would change everything" take for example the stories that Da Pup and  skernsk have told us. Sounds like they would like to change a few things but maybe all of what they were talking about was just leading up to this moment when they related their story. Who knows maybe someone read it and it helped them with there lives.
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Casca

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2005, 05:07:04 PM »
The only regret I have is for those who were affected by my behaviour.  We are the sum total of our experience and it took what it took to get me where I am today.  Wondering if I would be richer, smarter or saner had I comported myself differently is a wasted effort.

I have no moral problem at all with booze or drugs or those that choose to use them and am, in fact, a proponent of decriminalization of all drugs.  

Since the last Saturday of October, 1985 I have not wound up in the booking room, the emergency room or naked in Tijuana.  I'm not endangering the public at large by being among them in an impaired state.  

I have been able to achieve things in sobriety that would not have been even remotely possible for the individual I was for the twenty years prior.  I'd kind of like to keep it that way.

Also state your age and how you believe that you would have answered this question in your younger years.

A.  Old enough to have been at the Haight for the Summer of Love.

B. Rock On.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 08:24:20 PM by Casca »
I'm Casca and I approved this message.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2005, 07:24:25 PM »
Clean for 15 years now.

I'd have to say life is better in some ways. For example; I have experiences that I could use to catch my kids when they strayed.
Worse in other ways. I think I got kindof a late start at responsible adulthood.

It's all good though. Life is what you call it at the moment.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2005, 09:40:44 AM »
17 years here.   time spent loaded was mostly lost.   I didn't spend it sober tho so have no point of reference.   Like before I had a heart valve put in.. my doc asked me how my heart felt...  How the hell would I know?  compared to what?  I don't know what anyone elses heart feels like.

It's fair to say that I am a risk taker and thrillseeker..  that wouldn't have been any different.  My relations with women are about the same in that I am no more willing to comprimise or change behavior to suit them.

I understand what nash is saying but think that all of us addicts find some harmful outlet.  

My point is that my risk taking behavior is what I am.   The drugs didn't affect that.   Age has slowed me slightly but I never seriously ever thought I would have reached this age.

I would not have led a quiet life devoted to a wife and family tho no matter what.

lazs