Author Topic: Fuel Transfer  (Read 295 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Fuel Transfer
« on: April 07, 2005, 04:09:12 PM »
I dont know how historically accurate this is, but while watching the movie "Memphis Belle" last night one of the aircrafts fuel tanks were hit....The captain called out for the fuel in the damged tank to be transfered into other tanks, and when finding the electronic fuel pump was shot out, it had to be done by hand....

If this is historically accurate, was it just limited to B-17's?  or did all US allied aircraft have this feature....

If so, can we get it in the game?

thanks

cav58d
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Fuel Transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 04:13:24 PM »
What would be awesome is if they enabled it, but made it contingent on someone joining your plane to do it, and making the task take like 10 mins.  So that person would have to sit at the fuel control lever for 10 mins, just staring at it, or the fuel wouldn't transfer.  

Thats what squaddies are good for.  :D

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Fuel Transfer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 04:33:27 PM »
Hahahaha Your evil Howitzer, I like it lolh

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
Fuel Transfer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 05:23:14 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
What would be awesome is if they enabled it, but made it contingent on someone joining your plane to do it, and making the task take like 10 mins.  So that person would have to sit at the fuel control lever for 10 mins, just staring at it, or the fuel wouldn't transfer.  

Thats what squaddies are good for.  :D

I guess my fuel will leak out. I can't see Ack-Ack or Murdr sitting there.:D :rofl

Crims
479th Raiders

PS Good Idea
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Fuel Transfer
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 07:08:01 PM »
Crims I've got the fuel layout for the B-24D. It shows everything in the system. It doesn't state though how you would accomplish transferring fuel from one area to the other. I'm sure if I studied it long enough I could figure out what is possible with the system and what is not possible. I didn't notice any one way check valves directly inline with each tank. The tanks did worked in series though.