Author Topic: Attack of the Ents!!  (Read 1016 times)

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 01:06:45 PM »
Ok you got me, this wasn't really a bug post because I had just changed vid settings I believe...went from 640x860 to 860x640 so I kind of expected some weird things to happen.  Just thought this particular fluke was funny.  I dont see it as a problem, but should I post in bug forum?

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 03:58:22 PM »
Originally posted by SUPERFLY
Rightfoot, I know this probably sounds like a :eek: 'crazy' :eek: idea, but maybe posting about this in Bug Reports forum would help?

LMAO

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 07:06:46 PM »
It couldn't hurt.  ;)
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 08:24:23 PM »
I've said it before: I think we've gotten tree crazy. We've got trees that are affecting gameplay in places that we don't need trees. I'm all for trees in areas where gvs are going to go play, but putting them all over the map just kills framerates and makes us set our sliders back so far that we can't appreciate any of the other graphic stuff that makes the game cool.
Add to that the whole suddenly appearing tree thing and you've got a real problem with the "turn the sliders down" advice.
I have no problem with improvements to the game, I think they are great, but those improvements should be implemented and used in a way that benefits the whole AH community, not only those who have screaming fast machines.
It's HTC responsibility to do the best it can to implement those changes in a way that allows the most number of players to enjoy them. In the case of the trees, I'd think the best way to do that is to show a little restraint.

Offline Nath_____

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.beatdownposse.com
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 10:10:14 PM »
Sometimes less is more. :)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 10:57:39 PM »
Originally posted by Nath_____
Sometimes less is more. :)

you got that right.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 06:52:42 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus

snip

Like Mane said... I too like the new trees. The idea of them is great. I think there are WAY too many but they still look ok.

snip

The trees are at the top of my list for most anoying right now.

And while we're at it, how about giving a clear zone without trees, I don't know, maybe........

FIFTY FEET OFF THE STINKING RUNWAY!!!![/i]

Love that deadstick glide, perfect approach, descent rate just right, and instead of a smiling LSO I see a tree pop up right in front of me. IN THE FLIGHT PATH.

I can buy the SeaBees putting a field in a valley with only one appraoch, because of a mountain or something. If I come in from the bad angle, well, its my bad and I'll have to pay for it. But for crying out loud, two enlisted guys with a hacksaw could do a better job keeping the approach clear.....

Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Attack of the Ents!!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 10:45:39 AM »
Gotta love those trees that you know were designed to rip wings off.  They're not right in the flight path but a little off center, just enough to take off a wing. ;)