Author Topic: Bug or lag?  (Read 266 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Bug or lag?
« on: December 09, 2007, 10:26:25 AM »
I was in the arena w/the SmPizza map last night fighting a P-47N in a valley near a VB.  I was beating the snot out of him when all of a sudden the canyon wall jumped out in front of me ;)

I hit the wall and the next thing I knew I was eye level with the terrain up on the flats 3-4 sectors away.

I hit .ef and it said I must be stopped to exit flight.
I hit enter 3 times then .ef and it said I must be stopped to exit flight.
I hit the spacebar (brakes) then .ef and it said I must be stopped to exit flight.

All this time I could look around and could see dots flying (moving) in the distance.

Finally, just as I was about to try alt-F4 I was back in the tower, half the text buffer instantly filled with the last message being that XXX has shot you down,  You have been killed.

[EDIT]  It was the north canyon wall west of (I think) V34 that I hit and it sent me 3-4 sectors north and west.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:31:38 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Bug or lag?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 11:22:56 AM »
I think that's just the lag.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: Bug or lag?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 09:49:18 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl

half the text buffer instantly filled with the last message being that XXX has shot you down,  You have been killed.

One time that happend to me, I roled an m4 out of the vh at a vbase and just as I got out of vh a set of low lancs (3) exploded right over me.instead of geting 3 proxys my whole text bar filled up with proxys all on the same guy. Then after telling my squadie what happend I landed my 254 proxys. I then laughed when I got pm's asking me if I was cheating.

Im curiuos weather it was a bug or not to.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:51:27 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.