Author Topic: Need Some Help...  (Read 580 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 10:31:14 PM »
the ffb2 is optical... too bad MS got out of the j/s biz... they had finally gotten it right with greatly improved quality control.

not sure if the PP was optical...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 10:49:48 PM »
Yeah mine is the sidewinder precision 2.  Looks just like the FFB one, just not FFB.  The FFB was like 100 bucks and this one was 50.  I love the microsoft sticks, this is my second one, but I think planes acted this way with the first one as well.

I'm gonna kick my sliders up, what do your dampening/deadband look like?  Mine are mostly down.

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 10:56:49 PM »
I have the same stick howitzer. I'll send my settings to you if you want them.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 11:47:36 PM »
Same stick also. Recently change my settings from the normal "scale" to how Shane has his. Takes a bit to get use to, but really helps overall.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 08:41:51 AM »
Originally posted by Wadke
I have the same stick howitzer. I'll send my settings to you if you want them.

That would be great wadke.  mgrabruc@gmail.com  

Thank you for that offer.  I'm going to keep trying stuff till I get it to work =)

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 09:05:13 AM »
I've got an MS FF2, and it really is one of the best sticks out there. Damn shame about MS pulling the plug on Sidewinder.

Think I'll try your settings tonight, Shane. I increased the rudder dead band on my first day, but aside from that everything is at default (which I believe is a scale). With your settings, I need to increase all the sliders to max, keep pitch and roll dead bands low, and increase rudder some more, is that all?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 01:08:38 PM »
yep... pitch/roll 100% scaled across the board with deadband/dampers set as low as possible (you'll find it more crisp, and not slushing thru rolls - it'll still present a bit of nose bobble - but that may be due to combat trim for all i know). the dead/damp are set very very low... a couple hairs up... experiement to find your comfort level.

rudder... 100% scaled across with dead/damp sliders about 2/3 way up.  twisty sticks, while more convenient than a keyboard or other j/s assigned function are still no match for rudder pedals.

throttle.. set it for however you feel comfortable with the incr/decr in throttle. Mine's set a bit up for dead/damp to provide more precise control (i.e., less senstivity).

FFB effects - I only utilize stall and buffet, both set around 40%
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
Need Some Help...
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 01:14:52 PM »
Thanks man, will give it a shot. The stick's a bit old and touchy, but since they're not making any more I want to use it as long as possible without breaking out my backup FF2. :)