Author Topic: HiTech  (Read 1367 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
HiTech
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 04:37:09 AM »
Seeker, good answer :)

My point was only that often all Germans are named Nazis far too easily. Issues are overly generalized and made good or evil, black or white, when in truth there are only various shades of gray.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
HiTech
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 09:31:16 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK
Detch,
should a red star be banned as avatar for similar reasons?

No. There is a difference - if the ss symbol was of historical significance only I would have no problem with it. However, it is in use today by neo-nazis who preach the same racial and religious hatreds that spawned the original brown shirts.  The red star, at least in the part of the world I live in, is of historical significance only. Had the ss symbol not been claimed and used by the current version of himmler's gutter slime it too would have only historical significance and I would have no problem with it.

Just lay off your stones and let SKuzzy take care of the issue. He already stated that FalconSS should remove the nazi swastikas, which he did.

Whatever HTC decides to do about the use of that symbol is entirely up to them. My comment was directed at Falconss.

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
HiTech
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 10:15:06 AM »
It makes perfect sense, see? He's been living under a rock for the last 60 years.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
HiTech
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 10:56:11 AM »
http://encyclopedia.learnthis.info/s/ss/ss.html

On September 30, 1946, the judges of the Nuremberg Trials (Tribunal) sentenced the SS-organization, declaring it a criminal organization. The judges underpinned this sentence by stating that: "The SS was used for purposes which were criminal, involving the persecution and the extermination of the Jews, brutalities and killings in concentration camps, excesses in the administration of occupied territories, the administration of the slave labour programme and the maltreatment and murder of prisoners of war" (IMT, 1946, Vol. XXII, p.516, in: Höhne, 1969, p.3). The sentence continued by declaring that suspicion of crime was to be attached to all persons "who had been officially accepted as members of the SS...who came or remained members of the organization with knowledge that it was being used for the commission of acts declared criminal by Article 6 of the [London War Crimes] Charter" (IMT, 1947-1949, Vol. XXII, p.517 in: Höhne, 1969, p.3).

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
HiTech
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 11:24:13 AM »
Why are yall getting your panties in a buntch jsut cuz he has the SS symble in his name and aveater. Do yall get offended if ppl talk about bomber raids? US and Brit bombers killed more innocent ppl then the SS did so get over it.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
HiTech
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 12:05:07 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
Why are yall getting your panties in a buntch jsut cuz he has the SS symble in his name and aveater. Do yall get offended if ppl talk about bomber raids? US and Brit bombers killed more innocent ppl then the SS did so get over it.

Incredible.

Still; if the hood fits; wear it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
HiTech
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 12:15:27 PM »
I am going to close this thread as it really is not going to solve anything and is getting a bit out of hand.

The Nazi swatiska is not allowed to be displayed in Germany.  It is illegal to do so.  Thus my request for the removal of it.  We have a large base of German players.
If you have a problem with that, then write whatever politician in Germany you want and complain about it.  You are not going to get anywhere belaboring it on this bulletin board.

We require avatars to be in good taste.  If this becomes too much of a problem for people to grasp, then we simply make the avatars go away.  No fuss, no muss.

If you have a problem with anyone's avatar, email me about it.  It is not appropriate to deal with this issue on the bulletin board.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com