Author Topic: NEW FILM: Starland Cruising  (Read 796 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
NEW FILM: Starland Cruising
« on: April 19, 2005, 06:55:50 AM »
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/files/Starland_cruising_1_.avi

right click 'save as'   (41MB)

my first effort at film making using a decent editor.

music compiled, mixed and recorded by DJ Fink.

comments?

(there is a high-res version just under 95MB if anyone is interested :D)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 07:17:38 PM »

I liked it at some parts... other parts I didnt like some of the camera views. The music was.... well I dont like that kind of music. But im happy you can make it, it is a great talent. It wasnt bad music, i just dislike techno.

Music: C
Movie:B
Special effects: B+

-Spade

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 07:24:58 PM »
hehe, thanks spade.

help me out, what kinda views didnt you like?

music?

that track was a joke remix i made a while back. nice lyrics but overall just a few hours of messing sround.

but wouldnt exactly call it techno :)

its an old classic tune 'starseeds' sped up and put with a break-beat tempo. i would advertise it (if it was worth selling) as: 'a jerky upbeat jazz number with pleasant, almost amusing 45rpm lyrics. a smooth and rythmical background synth blends perfectly with the original score to create a track you might listen to whilst taking halucinagenic fungai'

:D

techno = 'boom tis boom tis boom tis b-b-bboom tis-t-tis. boom tis boom tis boom tis.' and then if you're lucky, 'boom sssshtis' sometimes to.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 07:27:28 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 05:12:28 PM »
PUNT

Offline Paul

• Copper Member
      • http://fatesquad.com
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 10:39:23 PM »
Your film felt like I was flying a regular sortie in Aces High with some wierd music playing in the background.

Things I found disturbing

1. It had no real starting point or ending.
1b. A good starting point for example would be taking off or being leveled out heading towards a target and a good ending would be landing or hitting your target. It sets and finishes your story.

2. The camera angles included shots of you switching angles in the film viewer.
2b. Try to clip your shots so that it only shows the shots you want. Watching someone switch to a different angles doesn't add to the story and it ends up being pointless and unintresting to watch. Unless, of course, you want the added effect of some panning shots.

3. The music.
3b. What in the world was that stuff! LOL! I can understand if this was meant as a comedy, otherwise change it! I don't think your story was about a fairy wonderland and nice things. More about shooting and killing things in an high-speed aircraft. Pick your music appropriately.

4b. If it's possible, try not to include game glitches; it degrades your film.

Overall, just watch some good movies and see how directors shoot and clip their films and apply it to Aces High movies. Also try to make the story in your movie. Every movie has an interesting story, otherwise it reminds people of the some old dull life that they could live themselves. If your movie is about killing 6 guys, somehow emphasize on that issue! For example: Every kill you make, have it count the number kill on the screen. Most importantly, use your creativity!

Good luck Mechanic! I hope you don't take this critique as a bash on your movie. I'm just trying to help and give ya some ideas and comments.

-Paul :aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 01:11:57 AM »
good points. S!

its is a comedy :)

'starland' cruising

happy hour in the lala

i was already at 7 kills when film strats :)

yes its lacking in story calibre, but hey that wasnt the point :)

i will take these points and work them into a proper movie next time.

the music....dont ask....a drunken night at the mixing desk with a mate.

Offline Paul

• Copper Member
      • http://fatesquad.com
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 07:25:42 AM »
Hahah! Alright then Bat, your movie was fine then! LOL! :lol