Author Topic: McVeigh Request to Delay Execution  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
McVeigh Request to Delay Execution
« on: June 01, 2001, 08:02:00 AM »
 http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/5/31/194238.shtml

"It is Mr. McVeigh's decision that this action is necessary to order to promote integrity in the criminal justice system," he said

Then I say let the justice system do their job and exterminate his worthless arse. For someone who was begging to be killed, seems like a strange twist. I, for one, am glad we have the Attorney General we now have in office. I don't think he'll procrastinate on following through with his duty as it pertains to timmy's date with death.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
 I watched former federal agents on tv complaining that their reports were concealed. To me that sounded more scary then some deranged terrorist.
 And why risk concealing the documents - the case seemed pretty clear and the s.o.b. even confessed. What harm could have been in a few more reports if the case was that strong? Even if it were, the court should have decided, not some unknown FBI boss.

MV did what he did because he was against the "incompetent" and "corrupt" government.

His methods are wrong, but his allegations certainly seem true.

miko

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 06-01-2001).]

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
Hate to say it, but maybe Mr MacVeigh is showing us something we never saw before...that our wonderful FBI isnt nearly the symbol of integrity, fairness and justice after all....like he's been saying all along.

Thing is, MacVeigh hates the Feds, and probably for good reason(s).  That doesn't make his blowing up all those people right.  But, the recent discoveries are embarassing to the FBI, and the government.  So, naturally he's going to expose them for what they are, and if staying is execution is one way to do that, he'll do so.

Yup, I'm all for seeing this guy go bye-bye too, but isnt it something to discover "maybe" he was on the right track about something?

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2001, 12:38:00 PM »
I don't get you guys. I guess Hilter was right about somethings too! When persons actions are so far to the evil side, I don't give a rats bellybutton about anything that comes out of the scums mouth. He should be exterminated as the rodent he is. Yeah, the FBI isn't perfect, nor is our Government, nor is just about anything else in this crazy mixed up world but trash is trash and timmy's trash needs to be taken to the landfill. NOW! Not one more penny of our tax $ nor one more second of airtime should be wasted on such a waste of mankind.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
OH MY GOD!

I agree with Eagler.

I live in Oklahoma and that piece of toejam has already had his day in court - not to mention CONFESSING to his crime on national television.

My only problem with executing this piece of toejam is it will be by lethal injection - I say place him in a building with a few lit sticks of dynamite and let him watch a LONNNNGGGGGGG fuse burn!

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2001, 01:18:00 PM »
First I have to say that I in no way support what he did.  I also believe the sentencing of death was just.

There is an underlying problem here that is more important then the actions of a bomber.  The prosecution must, indeed has to, present all materials that were gathered during the course of the investigation.  Whether it was shoplifting or blowing up a federal building.  Our entire system of “justice”, noting the system not the word, is based on basic rules and laws.  If at anytime you choose to bypass that base the system suffers.

It’s all about principle and it disturbs me when I see things in regard to, “forget it, he did it, we know it, who cares if the FBI screwed up, just do what’s right”.  What is right is the whole problem.  Who gets to decide what is right if we do not follow the basic rules of our society?  Next time your on trial for something, possibly that you didn’t do, I’m betting you’ll be counting on everyone following it rather than someone deciding guilt or innocence by not providing information to the defense.

Clinton committing perjury:  I don’t give a rats arse about the “what” he perjured.  He could have had 1000 dollar potatos for all I care but when standing before the man, under oath and testifying its Russian roulette if you want to lie.  He got caught lying under oath, the subject of the lie makes no difference.

The presidential election:  I’m not going to argue that there were problems with machines, understanding, and what not.  What happened here, the system was trying to change after the election.  Regardless of how close the election is the rules cant be changed after the election.

All of these are similar in that the foundation of system is being tested after the fact.  If McVeigh gets commuted to life, or even in the extreme case being set free, the blame should fall on the FBI and the prosecuting attorneys office.  The purpose is not to kill him but to insure the integrity of the system, McVeigh is just a byproduct now.

Reminds me of a quote from a move:  “You will have a fair trial after witch you will be SHOT!!”

Again, I am not defending him but the system.  Screw McVeigh.  Karma dictates he will be punished.

Zippatuh

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »
This is the first time I find myself in complete agreement with jihad. hmm...

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
I have absolutely no problem with a top to bottom scouring of the FBI, ATF, DEA and several other Fed agencies. They all need to be examined and made sure to be clean and worthy of continued funding by Congress.

Having said that, I fail to see any reason to delay the flushing of mcveigh down societies sewer system. The above can be accomplished after that turd is gone. His presence is not required.

Jihad, I like your idea. I think perhaps being in a small water tight box with a slow trickle of water would be better though. Why make the exit painless and fast by explosives. Some of those victims were suffocated slowly by debris.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
Someone should have shot his bellybutton a while ago. Then there would be no questions about all this FBI stuff.
Same with OJ IM-not so humble-O

-AKHog
The journey is the destination.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
Let me say this a better way:

Emotionally:  I agree with Eagler

Intellectually:  With Zip

But, we can't rule by emotions and feelings.  We have laws with checks and balances in there.  There are consequences for actions not followed.  The FBI screwed up a Slam-Dunk case.  Dont be mad at me, Zip or MacVeigh...be apeshit with the Feds.

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

[This message has been edited by LePaul (edited 06-01-2001).]