Author Topic: so......  (Read 1775 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 08:15:30 AM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
It's STFU.   :D

Woof

oh no he put the F in there uv done it now the BBS has warped my fragile little mind. dont u know that little kids read this bbs. what am i to tell my little sister when she asks waht that means?

storch

so......
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 08:23:41 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
Storch

If you are asking a genuine question , I'll try to give you a genuine answer , just from one point of view - can't speak for HTC

I have never noticed any difference at all between CT FM's/Stalls and MA FM's/Stalls. But I am simple folk ,  I tend to ride the stall a lot , so I honestly don't think much about "when" it starts to stall, just that it is , and it's time to react to that.

It may be that you are pushing the edge further in  the CT than you do in  the MA due to the closer nature of the fighting at times, and the fact the match-ups tend to be closer as well . I just imagine there being any differnces in that regard between arenas

that may be a valid assesment and I'll try to monitor my control imputs as I'm near the edge, If I can remember when I have you removing chunks from my cartoon plane.

storch

so......
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 08:24:42 AM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
It's STFU.   :D

Woof

I know, I know I just can't help it :D

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WARNING ... a positive CT comment
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 08:50:36 AM »
by the time I logged last night, 2 am est this morning, I had been killed by or flown side by side with some of AH best:

Levi
Redd
Truekill
daddog
Morpheus
jamusta
YUCCA
VWE001 .. to name a few

it was civil and extremely enjoyable, considering I spent as much time in a chute as I did an aeroplane :)

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
so......
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »
You don't get it and you never will storch.  You cannot see the difference between a discussion and taking cheap shots.  To you they are the same.
So let me spell it out for you.  Taking cheap shots is not acceptable nor will it be tolerated.  If you cannot control you what you type, then you have made the choice to no longer be a part of this bulletin board.
You want to make this personal, and it is not.  It is about being civil.  You chose not to be civil, like TK, then accept the consequences of your own actions.  I am not making the choice to do anything.  You are making it for me.
I prefer a civil discussion,  You have made it clear you do not.  Your choice, not mine.  Another long diatribe trying to justify your postion is a waste of time.  You are wrong and you cannot justify it with any amount of rationilizations.

I cannot answer the question about the stall limiter as I have not set it for the CT.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

storch

so......
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2005, 09:28:50 AM »
well skuzzy in actuality the question was first put to the CT staff.  you put yourself into the discussion based on your perceptions, perhaps titling the thread with a sensitive topic like the term "FM" was a mistake.  I'm not rationalizing anything nor am I attempting to be offensive.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
so......
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 09:45:15 AM »
Perceptions eh.  You really do not want me to fo through and pull out the cheap shots you take to demonstrate how you have set the perception, now do you?

And yes, we wil be all over you when you say make claims or statements concerning the random adjustment of the flight model, because presenting unsubstantiated and unwarranted rumor is detrimental to our business.

It was not the topic that got that thread locked, by the way.  If you cannot see why it got locked, the you proved my point about you not getting it.

Now, if you want to carry on with this, drop me an email.  The board is not really for this type of discussion.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
so......
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2005, 07:09:52 AM »
And yes, we wil be all over you when you say make claims or statements concerning the random adjustment of the flight model, because presenting unsubstantiated and unwarranted rumor is detrimental to our business.

Well your company does not seem to care what is posted on the BBS unless it effects game perceptions.  

Your players can come on the BBS and post whatever they want no matter how far outside the norms of human decency.  It seems rather petty to start getting huffy over the wording of a question just because it might be construed as rumor about the FM.  

As I understand you can adjust the stall limits.  It's an arena setting, correct?  Abnormally high stall settings do affect aircraft with high wing loading.  It creates a caricature of the aircraft lengthening the engagement distances, narrows the flight envelope, and encourages vulching by extending the amount of time it takes for an aircraft to build maneuver energy.

Lowering the stall limit has its own set of pitfalls.  In effect AH does have an "easy" mode.

Why have it all?  Unless it just there to make sure no one quite masters a particular aircraft.

All the best,

Crumpp

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2005, 08:52:42 AM »
Crumpp, storch, anyone else......granted I have been away from the game for a while, and resigned from the CT staff before I left last August, but......we posted in the staff forum prior to setups what we intended to run, settings, terrains, planesets, etc. and no one to the best of my recollection ever mentioned changing the stall limiter settings.  It was just something we did not mess with, and as far as I knew then and know now, it was left at the default setting, which I presume was the same as the MA setting.
In times past, while flying in the CT, I would think something was amiss, that maybe a plane wasn't behaving "just right".
Upon closer scrutiny, I found that in 98% of the cases I was flying the planes more aggressively than I do in the MA.  Face it, most times in the MA you have between 250 and 500 players online, and a situation can change in the blink of an eye from a favorable one, i.e., 1v1, 1v2, etc. to one where you are in deep doo doo, i.e. 1 v 10.
In the CT, you normally know how many players are in the air, how far they have to fly, what alt you will probably find them at, etc. and I felt more relaxed and pushed my plane harder as a result.  I wasn't worried about looking over my shoulder and suddenly finding 20 bad guys back there, so I would press my attacks much harder, therefore pushing the envelope further as well.
I still defend the staff members because for as long as I can remember, there have been accusations or allegations of staff bias, manipulation, lack of interest, etc. which were uncalled for and unfounded.  We have never been able to make changes to the flight models, and I repeat, no one ever made mention of touching the stall limiter.  A change like that would affect all aircraft, not just one side, and would help no one at all.
Remember, folks, these guys are players too, they pay just like anyone else does, and they get frustrated just like anyone else.
My suggestion for anyone and everyone would be to relax and remember this is a game, intended for fun.  If you aren't having fun, look at yourself first before pointing fingers at other players.    I say that because I've had to do that myself in the past, and found that the source of my dissatisfaction was coming from ME, and what I expected.  No one can be blamed for that but myself, and the same applies to everyone.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
so......
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2005, 09:10:07 AM »
so has a squad been disbanded in AH before?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2005, 09:21:08 AM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Well your company does not seem to care what is posted on the BBS unless it effects game perceptions.  

Your players can come on the BBS and post whatever they want no matter how far outside the norms of human decency.  It seems rather petty to start getting huffy over the wording of a question just because it might be construed as rumor about the FM.  

As I understand you can adjust the stall limits.  It's an arena setting, correct?  Abnormally high stall settings do affect aircraft with high wing loading.  It creates a caricature of the aircraft lengthening the engagement distances, narrows the flight envelope, and encourages vulching by extending the amount of time it takes for an aircraft to build maneuver energy.

Lowering the stall limit has its own set of pitfalls.  In effect AH does have an "easy" mode.

Why have it all?  Unless it just there to make sure no one quite masters a particular aircraft.

All the best,

Crumpp

Are you guys this paranoid in real life ?
I come from a land downunder

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
so......
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2005, 11:13:18 AM »
Originally posted by Crumpp

You are so wrong about that.  You ever see something out of line.  Drop me an email and see how fast that gets taken care of.  We do not 'allow' people to post whatever they like.  But we are not going to spend everyday, all day reading every post either.  It is not up to us to be the parent.
As far as caring about the perception of the game,..well DUH...of course we care about it.  Make a mindless accusation and expect to be called on it.  If you are not ready for the consequences, then how about not making baseless accusations?

All the best,

Crumpp

The stall limiter is meant for new people.  As you astutely pointed out, it hinders the pilots ability to fly at the edge of the planes envelope.  It is up to the user whether they wish to enable it or not.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 11:17:36 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
so......
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 12:02:05 PM »
One last time from the CT Staff side of things. I echo eddiek's comments in that in my time as a staffer no one has ever mentioned that the proposed setups would have adjustments made to the stall settings. I personally have not explored it nor will I explore it since I do not feel that an adjustment by me is needed. I simply am not smart enough to know/want to know what to do and how to do it.

Besides we as a staff take more crap on the FM than anything else other than plane matchups. To me its all paranoia and  perceived bias by many of the players. It quite simply isn't worth the rise in the blood pressure to get so worked up about.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005, 12:07:53 PM »
One simple thing would settle or at least have prevented this argument….

TRANSPARENCY

Any and ALL configurable variables and their settings should be available to all players (# troops, downtimes, hardness, lethality, stall settings, whatever).  Not to change, just to see.  I don’t mean in the message of the day (that would subject the information to human fallibility).  I mean a simple programmed reporting mechanism.

Peace,
KONG
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
so......
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2005, 12:12:30 PM »
It's been ages. My memory wasn't all that good anyhoo. But weren't arena settings viewable?