Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 502 times)

Offline Khalid

• Zinc Member
Help Needed
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:10:33 PM »
Hello, been playing this game for a while and really like it. Most of the time, I play on OFFLINE. I am trying to capture this field, but dont now how to do it.......I have destroyed most of the buildings and the guns. I mean are there certain buildings that I need to destroy to capture a field? :confused:

Offline Kubwak

• Copper Member
Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 08:44:33 PM »
you have to kill the 2 town acks and flatten ALL the buildings in the town. there is this 1 indestructible warehouse at the edge of the town that you can not kill so so you can leave it up

then bring in a goon/m3 with 10 troops and release them IN the town

good luck

Offline Khalid

• Zinc Member
Help Needed
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:41:41 PM »
Originally posted by Kubwak
you have to kill the 2 town acks.

I thought there is only 1 town with each field.......ok so I destroy all the buildings in the town and bring in Paratroopers? How bout the guns in the field, dont they need to be destroyed?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 10:45:17 PM by Khalid »

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Help Needed
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 02:33:37 AM »
Originally posted by Khalid
Originally posted by Kubwak
you have to kill the 2 town acks.

I thought there is only 1 town with each field.......ok so I destroy all the buildings in the town and bring in Paratroopers? How bout the guns in the field, dont they need to be destroyed?
1 town - with 2 acks.  :)  You only need to kill the field acks if you need to cross it to reach the town; otherwise they can be left.  Kiling the Vehicle Hangar is also a good idea to prevent GVs shooting your troops.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Help Needed
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 03:15:58 AM »
khalid. I suggest you play Online. Offline your playing with your self. Online you play with other players. Im sure humans are alot funner than AI.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Help Needed
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 08:14:29 AM »
You can either land at the town and push troops out or drop them from an altitude of not less than 800 above ground level (agl). Higher means more hang time for some gunner, ack, plane to kill them.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Help Needed
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 09:32:01 AM »
at airfields the town must be completely dead, all buildings.

the ack at the town is the 88mm "puffy ack" and should be down too.

the airfield ack does not have to be down, unless it can hit you while over the town (that means the base is close to the town, and the ack might shoot a troop)

at vehicle fields you must kill only the ack.

at ports you must kill only the ack

both vehicle bases and ports do not have towns, just a map room near the middle of the field.

for all captures, 10 troops must enter the maproom. at an airfield, if 1 building comes up afte 8 troops go in, the last 2 troops are meaningless. you must start all over with 10 fresh troops.

to drop troops, you can be in an M3 or LVT and while at a full stop release the troops near the town, or drop them 800 feet above ground level from a C47.

if there is room the C47 may also land next to the town, and while stopped you can release the troops.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Khalid

• Zinc Member
Help Needed
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 04:28:21 PM »
Well I like Playing offline because everytime I get close to a human being I get OWNED:( that is why! ok so the way I understand this now is that I need to destroy the town completely and bring in paratroopers or landing crafts with troops, and as long as the troops are safe I dont *HAVE* to destroy the guns including the acks ones. Correct? btw Thanks for helping out:aok

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Help Needed
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 05:27:12 PM »
You still have to destroy the town acks.  They are part of the "town".

Offline Khalid

• Zinc Member
Help Needed
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 05:56:24 PM »
ok, I need to know more about these ack guns........I dont know them..are they the guns that when they fire explode in mid-air with black smoke? or the other ones? if they're the ones that I've mentioned above, where are they ? I couldnt locate them. and they usually fire only when you're on high altitude..... where can I find them:confused:

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Help Needed
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 08:39:10 PM »
Khalid, quickest way to not get "owned" in this game is to hook up with one of the Trainers. They frequent the Training Arena on a regular basis and can help you out a great deal.

I suggest you play Online. Offline your playing with your self.

:rofl

Geez Jet, you still crack me up!

RTR
The Damned

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Help Needed
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »
ok, I need to know more about these ack guns........I dont know them..are they the guns that when they fire explode in mid-air with black smoke?
yes, those are the ones in the town
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Help Needed
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 02:37:22 AM »
The game is basically designed as multi player, when taking a base alone you have the problem that you must have all town buildings and the two guns destroyed before dropping goons. But the town buildings start coming up again after short time.
When you really want to take a base offline i think you must change the downtime of town buildings to a longer value in the arena settings.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Help Needed
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 03:00:33 AM »
In each town, there are two guns sitting on the ground, diagonal from each other in the corners of the town.  

they are puffy acks.  if you are over 3,000 feet, they will shoot them little puffs of ack at you.  If you are on the ground, parked in a goon, or in a LVT/M3 with troops, they will not shoot at you.

BUT, if you drop troops, they will kill the troops.  You will see them leave the lvt/m3 and just disappear.  The acks in the town HAVE to be killed to capture that town (plus all the bld's destroyed, save that one large black indestructable hanger on the edge. shown on this pic in the middle left and silver, but looks black on the ground)

(edit.  FINALLY found a pic of a town.   if you want pics to print of all the various fields, etc, or just to look at, go to  http://www.hitechcreations.com/images/maps/index.html you can also RIGHT click the map in game [esc to pull up], and select CLIPBOARD MAPS)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 03:09:31 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit