Author Topic: rudder pedals  (Read 336 times)

Offline Aubrey

• Copper Member
rudder pedals
« on: April 25, 2005, 04:20:01 PM »
So I bought CH pedals and a new CH stick. I need t learn how to use them. pedals are very sensitive and I have found I move my feet alot.

Anytips on how I cna practice this to get better?

Also any Set up tips would be appricieted.

Offline Demman

• Zinc Member
rudder pedals
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 06:39:49 PM »
Interesting ... I've found that my CH pedals work almost exactly like the rudder pedals in a real airplane, as far as sensitivity to input.

Under joystick settings, I have all the input sliders at the top, with 0 damping and a little less than 1/4 inch of dead zone slider.

It does take a bit of practice, and each plane requires a different level of rudder input to keep the ball centered -- the Spit, for example, requires a lot more left rudder in a left bank than most other planes.

Practice a lot in the planes you use most, and before you know it, your rudder input will become a subconcious task.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
rudder pedals
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 07:42:32 PM »
everyone will have their own preference, as with most who use rudder pedals we all rest our feet on them, and after sitting awhile and moving around you will inadvertantly mash down on a pedal or 2.

I cure this by using both  deadband and dampening on my CH pedals. all sliders are at the top then on the DB and Dampening I set them 3/16's to 1/4 inch up from the bottom not much just a tad

advise to do the same with a twisty stick rudder setup to help in not messing up one's gunnery.

just a thought
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
rudder pedals
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 08:33:19 PM »
What I have found is that I play with the sensitivity settings for the rudder.

I don't have a screen handy, but what it does is it translates distance of the rudder moved to how much it goes into the game.

I.E. Normally, a 10% move of the rudder is like a 10% move in game.  A 20% move in the rudder is a 20% move in game.

What I do is scale down the lower movements.

I.E. a 10% move of the rudder translates into a 4% move ingame.  A 20% move of the rudder translates into roughly a 10% move.

And you scale it up much like a parabola with a 100% move in the rudder = 100% move ingame.  This gives you a much finer control over the light rudder movements, but also allows you to pound the rudder heavily if you need something strong.

I'll get a picture up in a sec.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
rudder pedals
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 08:40:52 PM »
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"