Author Topic: Clipboard map  (Read 325 times)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Clipboard map
« on: April 22, 2005, 05:10:55 PM »
Do you still need the AH1 TE in order to make the clipboard map work?

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Clipboard map
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »
No.
Marty McFly

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Clipboard map
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 05:33:29 PM »
thanks

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Clipboard map
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 09:18:02 PM »
I'm trying to make my first map.  I've made something with an airfield and HQ's on it, but I don't see anything in the clipboard map when I bring it up.  How do I get a map?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Clipboard map
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 09:38:08 PM »
In searching around, I found out how.  I'm not sure if there are any unnecessary steps in the following, but it worked for me.

In "C:\Program Files\HTC\ah2editor\ahiiterr\bterr1" or wherever you have your files for the terrain you are making, make a folder with name "texsrc".  (In this case, the folder's full path would thus be "C:\Program Files\HTC\ah2editor\ahiiterr\bterr1\texsrc".)

In the Terrain Editor with your terrain loaded, make a map.  Open the "map.bmp" file in a bitmap editor and make sure you save it with 256 colors and with the name of your map folder.  (In my case, it would be called "bterr1.bmp".)  Save it into that texsrc directory.

Now when you start the Terrian Editor and build, you will get a .res file that is bigger than before -- it now contains the map for the clipboard.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Clipboard map
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 12:28:57 AM »
Hi Brooke,

Since you are unlikely to begin by using one of the terrain making utilities right away, we’ll figure you want to start it by hand.

Open the editor and immediately choose New, this will create the terrain folder and basic files.  Remember which size map you choose so you can use the right clipboard template.  When you choose the map size, it determines what you see on the in game clipboard but the terrain is actually always the same size.  Quit the editor and save when it asks, this takes care of some editor house keeping.

Now create the texsrc folder inside your new terrain folder.

Find the corresponding clipboard map template file i.e. map512.bmp in the folder named “maps” in the Aheditor folder.  Make a copy of the one that’s the right size and drag it to the texsrc folder you made.  This will provide the initial grid to use while making your map.

Once you have your type tiles in place, you can use the Make Map menu to create a new clipboard map to replace the bare grid template you used initially.  The larger you make it the more detail you can see in the editor, experiment with a couple of sizes.  Rename the “map.bmp” output file and replace the map template file in your texsrc folder.  You can edit the file with any image program, make notes, locate bases etc.

As soon as you’ve placed enough terrain tiles, place the three HQs, problems can result if you do not.  These will become the Zone Masters, make the first one Bish, second Knight and third Rook.  The map may still work if you don’t but it’s better to start with good habits.

This should get you started.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001