Author Topic: Thoughts on the 109F4  (Read 2112 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 08:51:09 PM »
I think the F is a "decent" match for the spitV especially in the MA or CT enviornment....in a true duel all the cards fall toward the spit initially I think....did you tryany doubles Redd....the F used to be able to top the V out and drag the fight up...no clue if it still can....Iknow the E cant:(

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 09:03:48 PM »
At sea level the Spit V outclimbs the 109F by about 180-200 ft per minute, havent tested higher.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 09:13:21 PM »
Originally posted by humble
I think the F is a "decent" match for the spitV especially in the MA or CT enviornment....in a true duel all the cards fall toward the spit initially I think....did you tryany doubles Redd....the F used to be able to top the V out and drag the fight up...no clue if it still can....Iknow the E cant:(

No you'd never shake it in a dbl or any type of attempted E-merge. To E-fight it you would need a starting E-position up your sleeve  I came to the conclusion very quickly that down and dirty was the best option , and try to force some overshoots for snapshots - problem is my gunnery in 109 sucks but at least it wokrd a couple of times. In one really fast merge where I took a very low fast approach and the spit followed , he snapped the wings off , but I'm not sure you could rely on that as a regular tactic  ;)
I come from a land downunder

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 09:33:34 PM »
So its really a double negative plane then vs the V....once your in your in:)...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 10:28:57 PM »
What I noticed in the fights with Redd was that the spitV sure can out turn a F but it cant sissor with it. If you keep him sissoring the F will win.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 11:14:54 PM »
Numbers were off a bit in the CT so I went Axis and had my first flight in a 109 other then the Emil.  Flew the F4.  It sure seemed to work well.  I never ran into a Spit, but it did fine against a 38J, 38G and two P47D11s

There were three of us who ended up flying together for a bit and on our one flight I think we landed 9 kills.  I had 4 and RTR had 5 in his 190A5. Jeebuz had a bunch of assists and ended up ditching out of fuel.

I'm a lousy stick but the transition to the F4 felt relatively good.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 11:45:39 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
What I noticed in the fights with Redd was that the spitV sure can out turn a F but it cant sissor with it. If you keep him sissoring the F will win.

So an honest question

Have you changed your view that the Spit V is uber/unbeatable/silly/overmodelled , and should never be allowed in the CT  ?  ;)

Is it any worse in it's era and theatre than say the niki ?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 11:47:32 PM »
If I may? What's porked about the SpitV, and why everybody gripes, is the way a slow speed SpitV with no speed and no advantage can literally hang on its prop without stalling and still maintain impossible guns lock.

I was in a Ki84 vs Blonde in his SpitV. I had a bit of an alt advantage, but more E, so when I saw him rolling to point up at me I went vertical.. and vertical.. and vertical.. and dammit I kept freaking going up and that damn spitV hung in the vertical behind me and shot me to pieces. I got it on film. It's stupid. It's retarded. No plane should be able to do that BS. Blonde did it repeatedly.

I'm not paranoid. The SpitV kills in single pings (every time I fly it) and it has way too much power ESPECIALLY when it's slow. It can do impossible moves.

Sorry to interrupt. Just my take on the whole "SpitV is porked" debate.

Offline IK3

• Copper Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 12:04:21 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
If I may? What's porked about the SpitV, and why everybody gripes, is the way a slow speed SpitV with no speed and no advantage can literally hang on its prop without stalling and still maintain impossible guns lock.

I was in a Ki84 vs Blonde in his SpitV. I had a bit of an alt advantage, but more E, so when I saw him rolling to point up at me I went vertical.. and vertical.. and vertical.. and dammit I kept freaking going up and that damn spitV hung in the vertical behind me and shot me to pieces. I got it on film. It's stupid. It's retarded. No plane should be able to do that BS. Blonde did it repeatedly.

I'm not paranoid. The SpitV kills in single pings (every time I fly it) and it has way too much power ESPECIALLY when it's slow. It can do impossible moves.

hmmmmm the "hurricane" should not have the problem out-climbing the spit or else you're doing something wrong :).

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 12:09:04 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Numbers were off a bit in the CT so I went Axis and had my first flight in a 109 other then the Emil.  Flew the F4.  It sure seemed to work well.  I never ran into a Spit, but it did fine against a 38J, 38G and two P47D11s

There were three of us who ended up flying together for a bit and on our one flight I think we landed 9 kills.  I had 4 and RTR had 5 in his 190A5. Jeebuz had a bunch of assists and ended up ditching out of fuel.

I'm a lousy stick but the transition to the F4 felt relatively good.

Dan/CorkyJr

Outside of a dueling enviornment I think the 109 is just fine. RTR and Iflew a couple in the DA earlier and he's a fine stick. With a plane like the 109 good companycertainly helps...I noticed in my 1st MA hop I had zero problem with pony, D-9 or lala...I'd think the 38's (especially the J) would be tough however....

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 12:10:59 AM »
Originally posted by IK3
hmmmmm the "hurricane" should not have the problem out-climbing the spit or else you're doing something wrong :).

Actually spit V owns the hurricane, I fought either Rival or RTR in one in DA....not even close. Spittyhas way to much pop for the hurricane.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 12:14:01 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
So an honest question

Have you changed your view that the Spit V is uber/unbeatable/silly/overmodelled , and should never be allowed in the CT  ?  ;)

Is it any worse in it's era and theatre than say the niki ?

The 109 is a bit worse then I'd of thought since the boost on the V is up...although its the ballistics that really cause the problem. Simply to hard to capitalize...your going to get one shot and youneed to hit it....(know you were asking TK)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 06:19:32 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill

"scissor with it" when would you do that?

the guns on the spitV make short work of anything - can you say uber lasers?

the spitV/109f used to be the best matchup in AH before the patch which changed all that. Used to win most of those matchups
now the spitV is the superior plane by far, I don't win any against a pilot who knows anything bout flying a spit

the 109f was better b4 they activated the slats feature.
now you have those things clanging in and out throwing off your aim at just the wrong time. Still, it is my plane of choice though it isn't as invincible as it once was
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 06:46:56 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty

yes you are paranoid. furthermore you are a dweeb. aside from that you are a no skill whiner. everyone knows the spitv was the be all end all of WWII fighters and that the spitv was the actual inspiration for Igor Sikorsky to invent the helicopter.  Igor got his idea when he saw downed pilots in the channel being pulled out of the drink by specially modified spitvs that would lower a ladder to them as the spitv hung indefinitely in the vertical.   :D

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 07:09:18 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
"scissor with it" when would you do that?

the guns on the spitV make short work of anything - can you say uber lasers?

the spitV/109f used to be the best matchup in AH before the patch which changed all that. Used to win most of those matchups
now the spitV is the superior plane by far, I don't win any against a pilot who knows anything bout flying a spit

the 109f was better b4 they activated the slats feature.
now you have those things clanging in and out throwing off your aim at just the wrong time. Still, it is my plane of choice though it isn't as invincible as it once was

You scissor, when you're desperate, at 500 feet over the water , doing 100mph , and you have nothing else left  to try of course   ;)

And the slats are a damn plain in the butt - do they come with silencers ? , keep thinking I've been shot :)