Author Topic: Spit V vs 109 G-2  (Read 271 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spit V vs 109 G-2
« on: April 27, 2005, 06:10:20 PM »
Wound a G2 up in the DA and found a willing victim in phish. Came in with a bit of E and alt...grabbed the perch and converted to a front quarter semi face shot as he tried to get back around on me....had him bleeding a couple of ways...the shot scrubbed enough E so that he could and did climb up into me....ouch. In conversation he didnt think I made any mistakes. He took a 109 and I upped in the spit V. 1st merge I flew a lazy merge then tried to double him and he caught me wallowing....

2nd hop we flew angles I had him initially and landed some hits, he snap rolled the 109 and eventually forced an overshoot and got me....so you can win one....

The 3rd hop he got one look on initial merge and never saw my tail feathers again.

Hops 4 & 5 were very one sided with the 109 having little or no chance at all. Basically I was able to totally negate phish's greater skill completely once I got a better feel for what options he had. Totally depressing to see a plane make that much of a difference. I can post clips if anyone wants to see them...

Basically we reached the conclusion that the 109 can win if it flies a "perfect" fight and the spit V driver screws the pooch....otherwise its a mismatch.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Spit V vs 109 G-2
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:28:22 PM »
What alts you fighting at?

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spit V vs 109 G-2
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 06:29:37 PM »
over the default base in the DA so not very high...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Spit V vs 109 G-2
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 06:35:49 PM »
Originally posted by humble
over the default base in the DA so not very high...

Did you see the real life LFV numbers I posted in the 109F thread?  The LFV is a better perfomer then the FIX from 10K down.  I would assume it would out perform the 109s that would be optimized for higher alt work too like the FIX.

It was optimized for the deck, so it is better down low.  Take it up over 12K and try again and see if it's the same.  

As long as folks continue to fight the Spit V down low, it's gonna look uber.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spit V vs 109 G-2
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 06:38:44 PM »
will do