Author Topic: Come with me  (Read 792 times)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Come with me
« on: May 11, 2005, 06:24:55 AM »
With the BBS rebuild, I can't find a link to the repository for the "come with me" film.  I have the film itself but was trying to share it with others without rehosting it myself.

Does anyone have a link to it?  Some of the shots in there are hands-down the best I've ever seen.  The initial merge scene is the most realistic merge shot I've seen in a game, and the first time I saw it my heartrate doubled.  It's EXTREMELY close to what it looks like in RL...

I haven't heard whether or not that game (IL2 addon? I never did find out exactly what game it was shot in) actually looks like that or whether a lot of video editing was used, but some of the shots in that vid nearly exactly capture the look of a real dogfight.  I know, I've done dozens of RL merges and this vid is the best.

If anyone wants to host it, I have the vid but need a place to put it.  I'm not smart enough to figure out how to run a really secure web site otherwise I'd just host it myself.  I think the vid is out there though, so all I need is a link to where it's already at.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Come with me
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:50:09 AM »
Wiley's Gun Cam Site

He hosts all the IL-2 films.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Come with me
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 09:11:16 PM »
If you don't count the editing that was done in some sequences to "age" the film (to make it B&W) then that's how FB/Pacific Fighters really looks in game.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Come with me
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 11:43:19 AM »
i think that sites down.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Come with me
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 04:45:36 PM »
LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG
LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG......................... ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ................... Download:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Come with me
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 03:16:20 PM »
Only a couple of minutes for me...  Must be your connect :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Come with me
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 03:35:16 PM »
nope. 45min :p sux only downloading 45kb sec GRR

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Come with me
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 04:05:49 PM »
Yeah. I remember this film.

Has to be one of the best of its kind.

I only wish that HT would take note of a few things with their film viewer that need changing or should be added. Understood never the less that they have many more things of more importance to deal with first.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
Come with me
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 04:07:33 PM »
WOW is about all I can say after watching that film.  

Well maybe HOT DAMN!!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Come with me
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 06:51:45 PM »
Meh... it was okay.. I found some of the shots to be excessively long. And the way it portrayed the zero as a superfighter and the Wildcat as pathetic.. And the way the zeros started vulching (lol).

I think it was well edited, but that it could have been even better.

That, and it was IL2's flight engine. No more outside games! I wanna see AH movies!!! :D

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Come with me
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 07:08:43 PM »
Heh im sure thats the way it was back then who wants some on cherry pickin um? only two of them. Wars Hell....