Author Topic: Niki vs Hellkitty  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« on: April 28, 2005, 07:03:26 AM »
no contest , Hell kitty  is dead meat . This contest is so lopsided it should never take place in the CT

just saying    ;)

Ki84  vs F4u  , way too lopsided as  well, Should never take place in the CT

Maybe if both sides flew the same planes things would be easier    ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 07:05:35 AM by Redd »
I come from a land downunder

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 07:11:39 AM »
Dunno Redd.
I've always thought the Hellcat was the best kept secret in AH. It stands up well against the N1k2, especially if the George pilot gets lazy or sloppy.  If I'm fighting N1's in a US Plane I'll take the Hellcat any day.  FM2s are not bad ethier.

In a Corsair I dont stand a chance against a cloud much less a KI-84.:eek:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

VWE

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 07:12:23 AM »
We never tested out the 2 F6F's vs 1 Niki or 2 F4U's vs 1 Ki-84 just like it is normally in the CT. We never got to do the 20k F4U circling a base waiting for Ki-84's to launch then drop in to B n Z...

VWE

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 07:55:20 AM »
Actually you should have titled this Spit5 vs ANY 109

So don't go basing your opinion on one fight, though you had several fights agianst various people flying 109's against the way over modeled uber silly spit5. The 109G10 should just dominate it hands down no question but it doesn't... right redd? :D

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 08:03:28 AM »
FM2 pwns the Niki.

storch

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 08:11:40 AM »
flew the kitty a little in the MA last night.  I had no problem killing spitVs even as i held my rockets.  I didn't get to fly it against any N1K2s but the spit driver was someone who i consider to be more proficient at this game than i.  i was able to best him by lasering him and extending it took me three passes.  i think the kitty may actually rule, then again it is allied.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 08:51:04 AM »
The two biggest nightmares of the hellkitty is the SpitV and the Nikki.

I can beat any other plane on a regular basis but not these two.

The Spit is actually the lesser problem of the two as you can extend from it. It aint as easy as it might sound, you really need to disengage in the right moment or you wount make the extention as the spit will catch you in the accelleration part.

The nikki is another story. The nikki basicly does everything the F6F better. Personally I cant kill nikkies at all flying the kitty unless I jump em from behind. In a 1v1ish situation no way I can do it.

This said I belive they should be in the same theatre (nikki and f6f that is) because combat isnt about the 1v1 situation its about making the best out of every situation. F6F pilots should not fight 1v1 vs nikkies but create 2v1 situations.

Creating a 2v1 situation doesnt mean hoarding. It means coordination between the pilots. You can create a 2v1 situation in a 2v3 fight.

Tex

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 08:59:10 AM »
Originally posted by VWE

So don't go basing your opinion on one fight, though you had several fights agianst various people flying 109's against the way over modeled uber silly spit5. The 109G10 should just dominate it hands down no question but it doesn't... right redd? :D

I think I had enough fights to clearly understand the the difference between the planes, and truthfully none of it came as a surprise , I knew what the outcomes would be.  Between you and TK we gave things a fair workout.

But it is no more dominant over the LW in a 1-1 , (I would argue less dominant) than the individually modelled Japanese planes are against the Blue planes, in a 1-1   duelling environment

And I still can't seem get you to see that can I  :)  But that's ok I'll keep working on it   ;)

PS   the G10 owns the Spit , no self-respecting  G10 driver would ever get killed by a Spit in a duel 1-1.  :)  They may be slippery little suckers and hard to hit , but you should never die to one

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 09:04:18 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Dunno Redd.
I've always thought the Hellcat was the best kept secret in AH. It stands up well against the N1k2, especially if the George pilot gets lazy or sloppy.  If I'm fighting N1's in a US Plane I'll take the Hellcat any day.  FM2s are not bad ethier.

In a Corsair I dont stand a chance against a cloud much less a KI-84.:eek:

Shifty ,

All these dicusssions have centerd around a 1-1 standing start duelling environment - as in how do the planes stack up without E adv, numbers etc etc

The  niki does everything better than the F6-f other than a slight speed advantage , and in 1-1 like that , a speed advantage isn't much help. I fly against a lot of nikis in the Cat  - they are much feared - them and SpitV's  :)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »
Originally posted by VWE

And the  wrap up , after quite a few fights

E  vs   V      -    V controls  the fight

F   vs  V      -    V           "

G2 vs V       -   V            "

G6   vs    V   -      G6 can control the fight  (well flown)

G10   vs   V   -   G10  controls the fight

Don't think there's any surprises  there

Now you tell me something , which of the   Japanese Big 3  (zeke,niki, Ki84)  does not own the fight against it's USN counterpart  (Fm-2,F6-F, F4u)

See - this is an interesting discussion isn't it - better than just bagging each other and name calling   ;)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 09:33:28 AM »
Originally posted by storch
flew the kitty a little in the MA last night.  I had no problem killing spitVs even as i held my rockets.  I didn't get to fly it against any N1K2s but the spit driver was someone who i consider to be more proficient at this game than i.  i was able to best him by lasering him and extending it took me three passes.  i think the kitty may actually rule, then again it is allied.

lol  Do you write these things tongue-in -cheek ?  yes of course the Hellcat is uber overmodelled and allied  ;)  

The "Niki Challenge" still stands - any blue plane vs it's counterpart. Look me up - it'll be fun  ;)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 09:50:48 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
Now you tell me something , which of the   Japanese Big 3  (zeke,niki, Ki84)  does not own the fight against it's USN counterpart  (Fm-2,F6-F, F4u)

Against the Japanese aircraft you mention it all goes to pilot quality. Any number of us has a tremendous amount of stick time compared to what the Japanese or American pilots of WW2 had for training. As such if I were to jump into a fight in a 1v1 situation right now with my limited time playing since coming back I would be hard pressed to last longer than a minute.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

VWE

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 09:51:28 AM »
G10 vs V - G10 controls the fight

Wait... I got hits on your G10, did you get hits on my Spit5? Ahhhhh... no. :p

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 09:59:51 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
Wait... I got hits on your G10, did you get hits on my Spit5? Ahhhhh... no. :p

irrelevant :)

a couple of pings from 600 that bounced off , and my crappy gunnery in a 109   don't change the way a fight goes between the 2 planes.   ;)

you're not really arguning the spit V holds the cards over a G10 are you ?   Didn't think you were as a far out there as Storchy    ;)

Anyway - your thread hijacking now now , go talk about 109's in the 109 thread - this is the Niki/hellkitty  thread

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 10:29:19 AM »
people give them cannon equipped planes to much credit.......... I would feel safer flying  the F6f-5 or the F4U-1 over any other plane mentioned here.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC