Author Topic: Bush speaks to Congress  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Bush speaks to Congress
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2001, 02:32:00 AM »

tax cuts dont stimulate spending never have never will

You can argue the merits of government need vs tax burden, and/or deficits resultant from that, however the above statement is utterly rediculous.

Looking at this from the other side, do you insist as well that taking money away from people does stimulate spending, and always has?

[This message has been edited by Fatty (edited 03-01-2001).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Bush speaks to Congress
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2001, 05:41:00 AM »

Looking at this from the other side, do you insist as well that taking money away from people does stimulate spending, and always has?

He shouldn't, but he will.  

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Bush speaks to Congress
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
You need to think of the surplus in terms of the private sector and your employment. If you were overpaid (surplus) for your job description, you not think your employer would rectify the situation, salary freeze/pay cut? If the government is raking in more than it needs by the TRILLIONS, what is the harm in giving back a minute percentage of that to the ppl whose backs it originated off of in the first place? Do you not think if there was a deficit the government would not hesitate to raise taxes? They wouldn't think twice. There isn't a valid argument for not have a tax cut, even if the surplus wasn't what it is, the government just needs to live within their means - period. Stop the waste.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Bush speaks to Congress
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Nash, Kieren I'm not trying to start a Demo Repu fight here I'm just saying I think it's wrong no matter which side does it.

I could understand if Bush had been in office for a year or so and had made alot of mistakes but to denounce his plans before they are even given to Congress is a bit early IMHO.

I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Bush speaks to Congress
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
YEEHAAW, OFF TO THE BBQ Y'ALL! AN' DONT LET THE CLINTONS TAKE YONDER OFFICE SUPPLIES!

Sandman_SBM

Bush speaks to Congress
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2001, 11:09:00 PM »

The thing that got me ticked off was that afterwards CBS gave the Democrats time to speak but didn't give the Republicans a change to defend themselves.

Right... Point, Counter-Point, Counter-Counter-Point. Where does it end?

Reminds me of SNL.

Jane: "Dan, I know what you're going to say. You'll start with, 'Jane, you ignorant slut and then go on and on...'"

Dan: "Jane, you poor misguided potato."