Author Topic: (p40b && hurriI) vs a6m2  (Read 1303 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
(p40b && hurriI) vs a6m2
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 09:51:43 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
The first time you underestimate the 7.7's on the Zero you'll be feeding the fishes. I've downed 4 P-40's with just the 7.7's...

Yes indeed, it is still a bullet, however the p40's "roughness" is not realy modeled well in aces high,nor for any air craft granted long range shots always do max damage,not depending on power,speed of the bullet closeing on its target,the angel..and how thick the metal/armor is where the bullets hit.
the "airframes" can suck up some damage,but x2 20mm to a zekes wing is the same to a p47's 38's and so on. "loss of plane parts/death"

point being, your 7.7 did max damage no matter the range or angel,where in all reality at 800+ out..your 7.7 would make a dent on the skin of a p40, nothing more.

But granted you probably were basicly flying right up there tail pipe  200- yards  "zeke vs p40b" with your 7.7, its no wounder they blew up. :p

But yes, i do agree with you, even a 7.7 can kill someone in a few hits.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
(p40b && hurriI) vs a6m2
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 11:58:04 PM »
HT has said before they DO model distance into the shot. It does lose power over range. There are also reports of a german soldier running across an opening to deliver a message and being hosed with a Tommy gun at long range. They found the spent .45s in his pockets and he was covered with bruises...

Doesn't mean it's fun to actually model a gun in a FPS that shoots like that. It'd be stupid. Have to find the mid-way point. I think AH has found it.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
(p40b && hurriI) vs a6m2
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 05:56:08 PM »
If you're in the HurriI, don't forget to check your convergence.  It really helps having it set from 150-200.  Takes parts off at that range. :)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech