Author Topic: Arabs cheering in AMERICA?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Arabs cheering in AMERICA?
« on: September 13, 2001, 07:59:00 AM »
I've heard "rumors" of celebrations by arabs in OUR nation.... now has anybody heard or seen anything factual on this?

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
Right... and when we find 'em, we can put 'em in internment camps just like they did to the Japanese during WWII.

Fuel the hate.

Listen... if anyone is cheering in this country, you can be sure that they don't understand what has happened and what will happen.

I will save my anger for the people that committed this act. Those that are too stupid or ignorant to understand have my pity.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Sandman_SBM ]
sand

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2001, 08:18:00 AM »
One of my co-workers related this when they went back east to pick up a car whose tranmission had failed while they were on vacation.  She said that when they left the airport in Boston shortly before labor day weekend that she saw all kinds of arabs in the airport.  When they went back to pick up the repaired car she said no arabs were in the airport, but while driving back to the KC area she noticed that every reststop had a large grouping of arabs.  I wonder if the word was out that flying wouldn't be healthy?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
Right... conspiracy theories... there's a secret Arab communication network unknown to us.

You may find this difficult to believe but there are plenty of Arab-Americans that are just as upset by this as any of us.
sand

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
Geez, just reporting an observation made by a co-worker.  Just a report of facts as she reported to me.  Just a question asked. Flying off the handle doesn't answer my question.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
Well there Sandman if you noticed I asked about FACTUAL information as I found it hard to believe.

xBAT

P.S. what was your smartass comment about reading ablity in a earlier post vie myself?
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

highflyer

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2001, 09:26:00 AM »
I have heard a report that in New Jersey, police officers have arressted 3 Arab citizens, as they were seen (by the police) celebrating and cheering as the news of this tradgedy.

I pity them.

I pity all who are so evil white/black/red/green/arab/ anyone.

It seems that a few group of ignorant hate filled individuals can make out the rest of thier creed seem to be the same.

Lets please not jump to conclusions that ALL arab descendants are evil, and have a part in this.

A few bad apples are definatly destroying the image of a larger good poeple.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
How many Americans cheered when 1986 U.S bombed Tripoli and Benghazi (Operation El Dorado Canyon) where 30 Libyans died 'cause U.S tried to kill Ghaddafi?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
People who look even remotely arabic, are being assaulted in your backyards now...

SKurj

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
Yep Skurj.  And to me that's even worse than palestinians cheering.  They didn't actually attack my fellow citizens, these people who've lost and are going after everyone that appears middle eastern (a mosque was shot at here in Texas) are actually attacking my countrymen, and are diddlying idiots.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »
Staga I cheered loudly in 1986.  States which sponsor terrorist attacks on US personnel will face such reprisals.  Collateral damage is unfortunate, but the person who caused this all to happen is named Gadaffi.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 11:38:00 AM »
The're just a bunch of 'ragheads' anyway, so who cares?

Ain't that right Eagler?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Fatty you hit on something that's been bothering me the last two days.  Sure, somewhere in America some deluded or ignorant Arab-American probably celebrated, and if they did they are to be pitied in their ignorance.  But without doubt Arab-Americans died in the Trade Center, too.  The attack was on them as much as any other American.  For Arab-Americans or American Muslims to be the object of hate and threats has no place in this country.  

The enemy is the terrorists, their leaders and anyone who funds, harbors or supports them.  That is a very far cry from "the people of the middle east" or from "the Muslim world". We need to strike the enemy hard, but in doing so we also need to be clear about who that is.  Anything more and we become what we oppose.

- Yoj

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2001, 01:11:00 PM »
Stega get diddlying real. The Lybians where engaged in state sponsered terrorism. The where responiable for act upon act of terrorism in the 70's. The United States decided it had had enough and thus we stuck. The WAY we struck was actually very moderate but to the point. IF we had wanted to we could of piled up and horriable body count upon them. They certainly where in no postion to stop us. Also after this raid the terrorism vie Gadfy all but disappeared.

The attack on New York is an atrocity of unknown magnitude. If you have sympathy for these indivduals then I name your our enemy and diddly you. There are most likely over 10-15 thousand dead. I could care less what friggen Arab cause we offended... they all hate us for simply BEING what we are. I'm looking foward to seeing some payback. When it DOES occure you can go ahead and burn our flag and call us murders or whatnot but guess what... we dont give a rats ass. Right now your A)with us or B) against us.

xBAT

AKDejaVu

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
No, first:
If you think all Arabs or all Muslims, or even most, hate AMericans, then you are an ignorant amazinhunk.

These kinds of rumours are generated not by real events, but by hatemongering fools who find such reports believable.
Hell, in the Middle Ages, the rumors spread that Jews snuck into churches, stole the Host , and desecrated the body and blood of Christ.
Again, really diddlyin' stupid, but ignorant fools and hatemongers were willing to believe and circulate the storiesl and when things got bad, groups of thugs would go out and try to kill every single Jew in the city.

\[edited to tone down the rhetoric and answer the question.  In short, no, and no.  And the folks who did this didn't warn anybody,]

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Dinger ]