Author Topic: next scenario  (Read 6922 times)

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
next scenario
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2005, 10:15:47 PM »
Originally posted by ROCrats
LOL Easy!

I'm just a little fish in a big pond :)

Ahhh..... but a very important one. With quite a lot to offer :)

Would you like to trade I would not mind being a little fish :D

Easy you ready to jump in the pond yet :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 10:28:24 PM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
next scenario
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »
well Thank you 68 lol  But I think you're in the right position :)

Brooke, bring your idea to Nef.  CM team can handle the setup and staffing, while a private event can be ran.  There is a schedule on the calendar that is usually kept up to date, and the chances of getting a slot in are pretty good.

Shoot me an email if you can, I had a system crash, lost a hard drive and everything on it.  Need to chat with you about some arriving coral sea stuff and lost some information.

I'd be happy to help you out on your event.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
next scenario
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2005, 01:01:44 AM »
Originally posted by 68falcon
Easy you ready to jump in the pond yet :)
LOL, working on a related project that's eating up all my free time.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
next scenario
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2005, 04:34:06 PM »
Thanks for the info, folks!

I don't have a scenario design in mind at the moment, but it sounded like there were several ready to go as long as they could get the go-ahead from the point people in charge of scenarios.

Does anyone out there have a design ready to go or ready to start working on?  If not, then I might start working on something, as I'm eager to fly in another scenario and thus am willing to pitch in however will help.

Offline go4maw

• Zinc Member
Attendance
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2005, 06:14:12 AM »
Time Frame ,Time Frame
I Like scenarios ,But I love to eat
Therefore I work .
I Attend all I can .
and Thanks for making them possable.

Originally posted by jordi
To me the biggest problem any scenario faces is ATTENDANCE.

There does seem to be a CORE of dedicated scenario players here in AH.

And there is a dedicated core base of players who are willing to step in and LEAD in a command position ( CO or XO or GL ) and or help design and test a scenario design.

But that is a small group compared to the total number of players needed to fill out all the expected rides in each frame.

On average for MOST AH Scenarios you start out with a bunch of people on Frame #1 and each following frame the total # of pilots including walkons gets smaller and smaller.

This drop off in players can affect the whole setup and balance of the event.

The good thing is that as more and more QUALITY Scenarios are designed and run it draw in more and more NEW Pilots.

Hopefully this will ENLARGE the CORE Base of Scenario players so that the designers of these events can come up with a total # of pilots needed to make the scenario work according to thiner plans and they can feel assured that most of those pilots will stick it out till the end.

We as the players who enjoy scenarios have to make it our job to help out in any way to make each scenario work.

That means we need to HELP the new scenario players and make it an experience that draw those new players back for the next scenario.

That means we need to accept that we may have to fly a plane that is not our first choice to HELP OUT THE TEAM.

That means some people may need to step up and fill a command roll to HELP OUT THE TEAM.

If everyone who signs up for a scenario expects to be able to just show up on frame day and fly nothing will ever get done. The MORE Pilots who participate even in a small way the weeks and or months leading up to frame #1 the better the scenario experience will be for them and for all involved.