Author Topic: Ok, so hows about "revertments"?  (Read 844 times)

lazs

Ok, so hows about "revertments"?
« on: February 23, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
Well, trying to fighure out why the strat whor.. er guys, think the way and respond the way they do is tough but.... I think one thing about a dedicated "furball island" that they don't like is that it has uncapturable fields... In "real life" many fields did remain uncapturable but... there was allways the effort. so...

I proposed that instead of "fighter hangers" (how relistic is that?) we have revertments for fighters, fuel and some of the ack.   they would be immunne to all but a lucky hit and we could have as many as needed giving each field (at last) it's own "personality"...

furball island could have 100 fighter revertments.   other fields 10 or less..  You could still potato your way into perkies if you so desired but fields as large as furball island would remain easier to rebuild than to kill.   You would not affect it with one or even a dozen attacks.   Other fields could vary in dificulty.    I don't know... maybe too many ground objects but certainly som happy medium could be devised that would allow furball island to be pretty much uncapturable while others varied in hardness?
lazs

Moose11

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
That sounds like an interesting idea.

Would like to see what real-life WWII fields looked like, any pictures?

(the hangers concept has been around for years now, hasn't it? But is it realistic or just there for gameplay issues?)

lazs

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
fields varied from out in the open with lean toos for hangers to revertments to pushing the planes out into the woods when not in use.   One thing is certain.... They weren't all the same and they didn't close down when a building got bombed.
lazs

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »
 Laz. They are about to stick a jet bomber into this game. You are wasting your time unfortunately

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
 Then why haven't you packed your bags and hit the road easymo. Bless WB's with your persona!

Curly

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
Its probably as good an idea as any but in my experience the more things change, the more they stay the same.

If your not enjoying yourself, try harder  

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
 Well they both have there own way of stacking to deck for people to lazy to learn how to fly. In WB is called otto.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
Ever looked at how weak our bomb blast radius' are compared to real life blast radius'?

We already have permanent invisible concrete revetments around everything  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
I believe the word you want is 'revetments'.