Author Topic: Flyboy how did it go on your big day?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Jish102

• Copper Member
Flyboy how did it go on your big day?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 11:41:28 PM »
WTG Flyboy and good luck!:aok
MA: Irish
71 Sqn

Offline paulobrien6969

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/rafspitfires/index.htm
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 04:02:19 AM »
wow.
im so jealous!
living the dream

wtg

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 04:03:06 PM »
WTG Flyboy!!

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you but remember all you can do is to keep doing your best and try as hard as you can.... and then alittle bit more... always set higher goals then the goals set on you by others... always aim higher then what is expected of you...

And most important... always only compete with your self... measure your self against your self... not against others... focus on your performance, not on the performance of others... always constantly commit all your energy on your own performance... focusing on others will only take away energy on things you your self cant controll... waste of energy...

Good luck and
Tomas

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 05:41:58 PM »
WTG flyboy :aok

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 07:10:48 PM »
Wtg flyboy I hope you have a nice time while flying!

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 07:38:38 PM »
WTG Flyboy.  My eyesight kept me from trying many years ago.  Go live the dream.  So does this mean that getting shot down by flyboy = contribution to Israel's National Defense?  Hmm, new excuse: "honey, I can't go to the inlaws, It's a matter of National Defense!"  

Seriously, I understand that most of the training you get off the bat is mostly just how to take off, stay in formation, and land, but I would be curious to know as things progress how much your experience in AH has aided you in learning the concepts of air combat as instructed by the military.  I imagine you will have a great advantage in this area.  I think that ACM are not stressed as heavily in today's trainning however since lots of engagements are decided at extreme ranges or even beyond visual range.  Let us know how this stuff translates into real life.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 02:32:29 AM »
well done flyboy!

Remember, the best of the best get their fun flying at flight school and then drop out to be controllers :)

Good luck.
Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 02:44:31 AM »
Originally posted by TracerX
Seriously, I understand that most of the training you get off the bat is mostly just how to take off, stay in formation, and land, but I would be curious to know as things progress how much your experience in AH has aided you in learning the concepts of air combat as instructed by the military.  I imagine you will have a great advantage in this area.  I think that ACM are not stressed as heavily in today's trainning however since lots of engagements are decided at extreme ranges or even beyond visual range.

The basic flight course is 2 years in which you learn to fly - not to fight.
Then it's another year of advanced training in which you learn how to fight. Then you get to your squadron and get your butt kicked on regular basis till you rack up some experience.

The IAF still consider dogfighting training a high priority for A2A squadrons. In this part of the world, the areana is so crowded that fights start well within standoff range and distances are closed very quickly. Add to that an extremely saturated electronic warfare enviroment and radar missiles become not very effective.

Even in 1980 (Lebanon) a considerable number of enemy planes were shot down with the cannon after radar missiles failed due to EW.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 06:14:08 AM »
We still have the pictures from Eurocon :)

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera