Author Topic: Unkillable planes in TA?  (Read 439 times)

Offline nazgulAX

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.comcast.net/~nazgulsquad
Unkillable planes in TA?
« on: May 09, 2005, 08:58:33 AM »
How about having planes in the TA be unkillable? Use the same modeling as the planes that fly around the fields in off-line. As you hit the enemy, damage would be recorded as usual, but when the plane explodes , or the pilot of the damaged plane "Bails" his plane would still be there. show the kill in the text buffer " you shot down AX"   and  the " you have been shot down by" , but let the planes remain in full ammo undamaged form. (You would get back what you started with apon being killed, like rearm pad) There would also be no need for countries, just name(or plane) Icons. That way a squad( or trainer...trainee) could up at the same base and practice with each other without having to change countries, or fly 1/2 a grid just to get killed and have to reup all over again. Ground impact(or object.. Ie ...trees, hangers, ect) would be the only way to "die" and force a re-up. I think this would Dramaticly increase the use of the TA as a real training tool for the game.

Just my two cents

AX

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Unkillable planes in TA?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 06:25:40 PM »
Currently, planes show damage in the form of holes. No damage is actually incurred. Nothing can be shot down, not even red icon aircraft suffer damage.

Ammo is as it is any other arena, and it's best to learn ammunition management in the TA.

Planes only get damaged by ground or obstacle impact.

It is not desirable to give out credits for kills as it promotes competition where competition is not always desired. You'll know when you get hit and the shooter will know it as well.

It works well as set up, but I suspect you don't fully understand how the arena is set up.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline nazgulAX

• Zinc Member
Unkillable planes in TA?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:20:26 PM »
Yea...I guess what I was really getting at was the idea of being able to "shoot down" another plane without it resulting in a kill.
All the damage would be there so you could work on gunnery as well. The way it is set up now is great...not putting that down at all...just wish you could show the real damage that the hits inflict without having to replane. Just hit "bail" and your plane would respawn in the air.
like I said....just my two cents

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Unkillable planes in TA?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 09:51:08 AM »
In a time long, long ago, in a game far, far away and buried the TA allowed you to blow the guy up yet he'd exit the far side of the fireball completely intact and ready to die, errrr.... fight again.

That doesn't seem to have ever been available in this game but I'll ask the question for ya. I think the powers that be have bigger fish to fry than mess with the TA as it serves its purpose to let you take hits and keep on flying.

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
Unkillable planes in TA?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 11:08:24 AM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
In a time long, long ago, in a game far, far away and buried the TA allowed you to blow the guy up yet he'd exit the far side of the fireball completely intact and ready to die, errrr.... fight again...

i actually much preferred that method

Offline nazgulAX

• Zinc Member
Unkillable planes in TA?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 10:05:31 PM »
Yes...without naming names, that is the method I was refering to.
I fully realize that there are far more important things to do than entertain a small change in an otherwise good setup, I just thought that if real plane damage(like the drones in off-line) was possable, it might be something to consider in the future.
thanks Ren for dropping the bug in someones ear.