Author Topic: Racial Slur Spouting, KKK Democrat Senator _ where's the outcry?  (Read 854 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Hmmm, the response to this statement is deafening, or I should say the lack of response .. why because he's a democrat. If a Republican had used the racial slur "cupcake" white or otherwise, he'd been crucified.
No double standard here:

Byrd Apologizes for 'N' Word; Trashes Clinton

Democratic Party elder statesman Sen. Robert Byrd trashed ex-President Clinton for his misconduct Sunday but had to apologize for separate comments where he invoked the term 'white cupcake' to describe the state of America's race relations.

"I think we talk about race too much," Byrd told Tony Snow during a taped interview on "Fox News Sunday."

"I think those problems are largely behind us. I think we can all profit by our mistakes. ... I just think we talk so much about it that we help to create somewhat of an illusion.

"I think we try to have good will. My old Mom told me, 'Robert, you can't go to heaven if you hate anybody.' We practiced that.

"There are white cupcakes. I've seen a lot of white cupcakes in my time. I'm gonna use that word. But we all just need to work together to make our country a better country."

Byrd's racial faux pas came just moments after he acknowledged his own past affiliation with the Ku Klux Klan.

"We all make mistakes. I made a mistake when I was a young man. It's always been an albatross around my neck - joining the Ku Klux Klan. We all make mistakes."

I think the guy needs to retire. He looked older than Moses and sounded like he did not have all of his senses. Who in their right mind would vote to keep such a senile old fool in DC to represent them?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Racial Slur Spouting, KKK Democrat Senator _ where's the outcry?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »
It's a communist conspiracy.  
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2001, 10:00:00 AM »
as a dem he has a lifetime "get foot out of mouth free" card on racial slurs -

Mk10 225th

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
"I think the guy needs to retire. He looked older than Moses and sounded like he did not have all of his senses. Who in their right mind would vote to keep such a senile old fool in DC to represent them?"

Ah-HAH!  Jesse Helms has a Democratic Doppleganger!  

Mk

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
I remember a recent media field day just because a person used the term "niggardly" in a speech. The term had no racial meaning, except for those who wanted to brand this person for his knowledge of the language.

I think the media victim was either a Republican or Republican appointee if I recall correctly.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

TheWobble

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
ya ever notice how if a black guy in a rap video says "cupcake" 800 times a miniute it is bleeped out, i think thats funny...and ironic.  

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
 Wasn't Sen. Byrd the Gov of South Carolina when they passed the law to fly the Stars and Bars (Confederate flag) over the state capitol building?  I like the words "white trash" much better than what he used, but he is correct in his statement.  Just look at our last president.....

Udie

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2001, 06:15:00 PM »
Senator Byrd is Democrat from West Virginia.  He is a former member of the Ku Klux Klan, is famous for the huge "pork barrel" projects he snags for his State(tho ALL US Senators do the same), and he despises Clinton.  Byrd, however, failed to display a backbone when the time came for booting Clinton out of office.

Byrd is a very old man, a Constitutional expert, a politician from the "old school", should have been retired a long time ago, and tends to run his mouth too much.

The people of WV keep re-electing him year-after-year like so many other US Senators that should be tossed-out.  And, even BIGGER idiots get elected for the FIRST time, like Hillary Clinton for example.

The People get the Government they deserve it would seem.  As for me, i'm for Term Limits.

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Mk10 225th

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2001, 06:42:00 PM »
I refer the right honorable gentlemen of the board to the statement I made previously, 4-5 posts upward from this one.

Mk

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »

The People get the Government they deserve it would seem.

Damn, Cabby, I think I actually agree with you on some political matter for once in my life.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
N.Y. Times Slams Bigoted Slur by Congressional Leader
 http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2001/3/6/100508

finally, someone is saying something...
just not to the same degree if it'd been one of those mean spirited Republicans ...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder