Author Topic: Skinning Bug for the 190As  (Read 327 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Skinning Bug for the 190As
« on: April 28, 2005, 03:09:18 AM »
Latest patch, as of April 26th.

It seems like the art division made some mistakes when they slightly altered the shape of the Fw190 wingtips. The skinning isn't applied properly in the leading edges and tips of the wings.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 03:20:07 AM »
Update on bug:

I tracked down the reason for the bug.

At first, I was seeing some problems in the wingtips of a Fw190A-5 skin I've done. The textures were depcited, but the color was weird.. But the default Fw190A-5 skin didn't have any noticeable problems.

So I figured that it had something to do with material.txt settings.

* I used the material.txt from the default Ki-84-Ia skin and used in on my Fw190A-5. That gave me the wingtip problem.

* Then, at the second test, I used the material.txt file from the default Fw190A-5 skin - no problems this time.

So my take is, the new adjusted 190 wingtips has some problems with some of the material.txt settings.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »
Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 07:21:31 PM »
Here's the screenshot. All of the shots are of the same plane, same field, same runway, and same lighting conditions.

The top 2 pics are when I used the default Ki-84-Ia skin's material.txt file.

The bottom 2 pics are when I used the default Fw190A-5 skin's material.txt file.

Notice the sharp discoloration and difference of contrast at the wingtips in the first 2 pics.

Checking out the differences between the two material.txt files, I'd say it has something to do with the new wingtip 3D model not reacting properly with certain light reflective settings.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 08:12:44 PM by Kweassa »

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 06:30:44 PM »
Update on bug:

I'm sure HTC is already aware of this, but I did find out more about this bug, so I'll post it.

It seems the recently adjusted 190 wingtips, respond to the current default material.txt settings only. If the settings are changed, the lighting quality on the surface of the planes change with it, but the new wing tip/leading edges do not change with it.