Author Topic: Will Fighter Town Finally Kill CT?  (Read 869 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Will Fighter Town Finally Kill CT?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 04:13:05 PM »
Why can't we all just get along?????

:confused:

Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 04:53:47 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
I am hoping that is what happens in this case Bug. I hope that some of the things I am looking at for the long term will have a place to happen instead of a fighter arena with nothing else to do but fly under 8k and hope you get more than one burst off before getting vulched. Just my thoughts on the matter of a FT setup.

I support your thoughts on the matter Reschke

But just as a suggestion don't you think it would be wise for the staffers to share their planning, at least in brief.  I am certain that most people believe a change is in order for the CT, and I believe the Staff is working towards improving the CT. But I think lack of "sound" communication on this forum is the biggest deterent to the actual improvement of the CT.

Maybe a weekly post by the CT staff, would help keep things directed?  Just an idea.

I really have no interest in FT myself, but I  find it very hard to shoot down the spirit of attempting to improve the CT that the supporters have.  

There is no doubt in my mind that something has to change for the CT to repopulate and I would be very interested in hearing some projected long term plans that the staff has.  I really think it would help the community.

This is just my opinion of course and only offered as what I hope  is taken as an attempt at advice
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 05:55:42 PM »
I have to get to a baseball game at the moment otherwise I would post an outline of the thoughts I am working on.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 09:01:10 AM »
it would probably be the most populated week in CT if it were introduced as another scenario in there

I think CT was created just for this - a player controlled arena for diversity, experimentation and fun

the fact that is has evolved into a totally "historic" room has not done anything for it but limited it's participation.

mixing it up a little will bring much needed life to the entire CT concept, not kill it or hurt the MA

And it shouldn't take an act of Congress for something like this idea to get off the ground. Should be able to go in a week or two at most..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 11:11:06 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
it would probably be the most populated week in CT if it were introduced as another scenario in there

I think CT was created just for this - a player controlled arena for diversity, experimentation and fun

the fact that is has evolved into a totally "historic" room has not done anything for it but limited it's participation.
[/b]

Funny I thought the entire beginnings of the CT concept was to have a "historical" arena similar to the axis vs. allies that existed in Warbirds. Maybe I am wrong but at least that is what I remember from the opening days of the CT coming into existence.

mixing it up a little will bring much needed life to the entire CT concept, not kill it or hurt the MA

And it shouldn't take an act of Congress for something like this idea to get off the ground. Should be able to go in a week or two at most.. [/B]

You are right it shouldn't take long to implement but from my perspective as a staffer I like to try and have something planned a few weeks ahead of time. So I have no idea what the other staffers have in the works.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 01:53:37 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke

Funny I thought the entire beginnings of the CT concept was to have a "historical" arena similar to the axis vs. allies that existed in Warbirds. Maybe I am wrong but at least that is what I remember from the opening days of the CT coming into existence. [/B]

found this:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14711&highlight=Combat+Theater
"New Arena
A new arena is now up. It's called "Combat Theater" and deals with historical, quasi-historical and perhaps even what-if setups. The Theater will rotate between different settings. How long that rotation period will be dictated by response.

We're are now poised to open up a lot more diversity of gameplay in AH, and this is a step in that direction. There's a lot more to do to fulfill the potential of this and other expanded offerings, but we'll continue to add and improve as we always have. "

and then this:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14593&highlight=Combat+Theater
"Combat Theater Relaunch
The CT has just opened for business again with an all new schedule and added gameplay enhancements. Come by and check it out. You can find details about the setup when you login to the arena or in the CT forum."

sounds like it was designed for the players, just about anything - heck its only for a week at a time and there is always MA for those who do not like that weeks setup

put it to a vote at least
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 03:25:21 PM »
There's always the MA?! Seriously I don't care if it's tried out for a week but I certainly won't be going in the potatohouse during that time if I don't like the setup. :)