Author Topic: what killed the CT?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 10:22:42 AM »
I dont know the history of what was but I do know what is and I can compare it to similar experiences from other games.

Other in this case beeing Jumpgate.

Jumpgate aint technicaly dead yet but its numbers arnt that different from the CT, extreamly low with ocational peaks.

There has been so much debate what killed Jumpgate and how Jumpgate can be brought back to life.

Discussing what killed it is important to see what can be learned from it. But it wount do no good.

Once numbers get below a critical mass the spiral will always be just downards till death,  period. Sure one could through implementations of new "concepts" increase its attraction to players. One could with huge "marketing" efforts bring more attention to it and get players in.

Thing is you need a huuuuuuuuuuge marketing to bring in enough players to basicly go from numbers you have to critical mass in one shot. Because if you dont raise the numbers almost instantaniously you will loose the players whos attention you gained instantainously.

They walk in, see no players and leave. All the efforts in vain.

This is why Jumpgate will never "bounce back" and why CT most likely never wount.

What I really think is needed is a totally new concept that is carefully developed, planed, tested and then released under a new arena name.

I know what Id like that concept to be but that aint of interest for this thread.

Tex.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 12:17:01 PM »
Well as long as it doesn't die before I can get a sub. Whenever I can get this magical holy grail I'll be in the CT most of the time.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 01:22:38 PM »
bah, you milquetoasts can't really pin it on me.  if anything it was the arrival of the score-potatos and the timidity that came along with it.

just as the "MA" has degraded for similar reasons, so has the CT in proportion - exacerbated by the already smaller population.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 01:36:24 PM »
i think the problum is much simpler,it seams to me the avrage age of the AH player is lower than it was 3 or 4 yrs back,and the ct just dont exite the youngsterswho just want to score a "KILL",not that they do it with any style or finesse
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 10:35:31 PM »
all of AH changed when the price dropped too where kids could get in :(
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: what killed the CT?
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 12:53:50 PM »
Originally posted by storch

Do you have a mirror? Take a look and tell us what you see
:rolleyes:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

storch

Re: Re: what killed the CT?
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 07:44:22 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Do you have a mirror? Take a look and tell us what you see
:rolleyes:

back into the barrel with you.  this time with your mouth to the hole.

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 07:20:00 AM »
It has something to do with estrogen…

Good luck Eskimo.  Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.  I went through the same thing with my daughter over 16 years ago.  Now she's got a boyfriend for the first time and it stresses me out way more then when she was a tiny premature baby in the neonatal intensive care ward.  At least I always knew where she was and what she was doing when she was an infant.  They grow up way too fast.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 06:56:18 PM »
Originally posted by pangea
Good luck Eskimo.  Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.  I went through the same thing with my daughter over 16 years ago.  Now she's got a boyfriend for the first time and it stresses me out way more then when she was a tiny premature baby in the neonatal intensive care ward.  At least I always knew where she was and what she was doing when she was an infant.  They grow up way too fast.

Heh.  It gets worse.

WTF you been, Pangea?

- oldman

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
what killed the CT?
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2005, 07:08:50 PM »
Originally posted by pangea

I don’t know if I really want to hear that it can get any more stressful…
Thanks though.  I take it that all is relatively well with your daughter’s health?  How early was she?

eskimo

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 09:42:40 AM »
I take it that all is relatively well with your daughter’s health? How early was she?

I can't remember exactly its been so long ago, but I think it was 8 weeks.  The first 6 months or so was was a little tough but we got used to it.  After about a year she was pretty close to normal, and has been relatively healthy since then.

WTF you been, Pangea?

Hey Oldman!  My ancient computer can't handle AH2.  Been saving for a new one but RL keeps getting in the way.  I'll be back eventually though, maybe as soon as the summer.  When that happens you can all look forward to improving your K/D ratios significantly.  

I miss the CT and everyone in it.  Hope its still around when I get back in the game.

Pangea

storch

what killed the CT?
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »
Personal attack
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 05:34:03 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 03:52:15 PM »
Yeah, you are nothing but a positive for the CT.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 08:31:16 PM »
Truthfully the CT has been much more of a pleasure to fly in the last week and a half or so.

storch

what killed the CT?
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 09:14:27 PM »
Personal attack
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 05:34:32 PM by Skuzzy »