Author Topic: what killed the CT?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline TheBeeg

• Zinc Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2005, 10:40:13 PM »
Yup I was wondering what happened myself since I came back from WW2OL and found the place empty.  Maybe you guys need an outside perspective since many either in the CT or the MA don't seem to appreciate the quality of the product you have.  I see the CT as an interim place on the way to TOD at least as I understand it.  A place where people who want a more historically accurate scenario and most importantly a place where one can fantasize that you're in real WW2 combat.  I believe that it's up to those who want realism to define what they want and then force it to happen.  One example is to consistently refuse to engage in banter with the enemy.  It didn't happen in WW2 as a general rule and I can't figure out why it happens in here.  I say kill the sob and go about your business or die like a man and keep your mouth (fingers) shut.  Another thing that kills the fun is dweebery in all it's forms e.g. any moron that flies by himself and doesn't communicate with a wingman probably hasn't read a single thing about WW2 combat.  I like the CT primarily because of the historical match ups.  The MA gives me the heebiejeebies when I have to shoot down a B17 while flying a P51.  What kind of crap is that huh?  Realism is where it's at for me that's why I originally left AH for WW2OL.  Unfortunately it's all a farce as in spite of an excellent rank and command structure idea most don't follow it because their loyalty is primarily given to their squad instead of their country.  Squads as presently defined are detrimental to the overall conduct of the war plain and simple.  I've left that burg for good because if I'm going to be forced to only be concerned with kills then I want to do it in the kind of iron AH provides and not pieces of crap that take off sideways.  Last time I was sideways on a runway was as a 10 hr. student pilot and I wound up in a snowbank as well as setting the world's record for evacuation of a Cessna 150.  Anyway, I can't believe that people can be so blind as to not recognize all the great things you have in here.  The FM is much better than anything else I've experienced and I've flown them all; Fighter Ace, Aces High, WarBirds, AirWarrior and WW2OL.  Maybe you all need a couple of weeks someplace else to get grateful.  The mission builder is excellent as a tool for getting everybody there at the same time and nobody seems to use it.  Today in the MA we pounded at 43 for what seemed like hours and nobody had a mission posted which resulted in the town coming up just before the last goon entered.  One time there were 6 goons ready to drop and no aircraft with ordnance to do do the job.  It was sickening and pathetic.  When is the last time that anyone ever saw a WW2 movie where a mission didn't start with a plan and a briefing?   Bottom line is that if we want the CT to be a refuge from the MA dweebery we're going to have to do things very differently in here.  Otherwise there is absolutely no reason for people who might think like we do to come in here at all.  So, tell me, what do you want the CT to be?  How should it be different from the MA and how would you make it happen?  
TheBeeg
aka "ElCondor"

It isn't about killing people, it's about being part of a team that accomplishes  a mission.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
what killed the CT?
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2005, 10:48:26 PM »
Originally posted by TheBeeg
Yup I was wondering what happened myself since I came back from WW2OL and found the place empty.  Maybe you guys need an outside perspective since many either in the CT or the MA don't seem to appreciate the quality of the product you have.  I see the CT as an interim place on the way to TOD at least as I understand it.  A place where people who want a more historically accurate scenario and most importantly a place where one can fantasize that you're in real WW2 combat.  I believe that it's up to those who want realism to define what they want and then force it to happen.  One example is to consistently refuse to engage in banter with the enemy.  It didn't happen in WW2 as a general rule and I can't figure out why it happens in here.  I say kill the sob and go about your business or die like a man and keep your mouth (fingers) shut.  Another thing that kills the fun is dweebery in all it's forms e.g. any moron that flies by himself and doesn't communicate with a wingman probably hasn't read a single thing about WW2 combat.  I like the CT primarily because of the historical match ups.  The MA gives me the heebiejeebies when I have to shoot down a B17 while flying a P51.  What kind of crap is that huh?  Realism is where it's at for me that's why I originally left AH for WW2OL.  Unfortunately it's all a farce as in spite of an excellent rank and command structure idea most don't follow it because their loyalty is primarily given to their squad instead of their country.  Squads as presently defined are detrimental to the overall conduct of the war plain and simple.  I've left that burg for good because if I'm going to be forced to only be concerned with kills then I want to do it in the kind of iron AH provides and not pieces of crap that take off sideways.  Last time I was sideways on a runway was as a 10 hr. student pilot and I wound up in a snowbank as well as setting the world's record for evacuation of a Cessna 150.  Anyway, I can't believe that people can be so blind as to not recognize all the great things you have in here.  The FM is much better than anything else I've experienced and I've flown them all; Fighter Ace, Aces High, WarBirds, AirWarrior and WW2OL.  Maybe you all need a couple of weeks someplace else to get grateful.  The mission builder is excellent as a tool for getting everybody there at the same time and nobody seems to use it.  Today in the MA we pounded at 43 for what seemed like hours and nobody had a mission posted which resulted in the town coming up just before the last goon entered.  One time there were 6 goons ready to drop and no aircraft with ordnance to do do the job.  It was sickening and pathetic.  When is the last time that anyone ever saw a WW2 movie where a mission didn't start with a plan and a briefing?   Bottom line is that if we want the CT to be a refuge from the MA dweebery we're going to have to do things very differently in here.  Otherwise there is absolutely no reason for people who might think like we do to come in here at all.  So, tell me, what do you want the CT to be?  How should it be different from the MA and how would you make it happen?  
TheBeeg
aka "ElCondor"

It isn't about killing people, it's about being part of a team that accomplishes  a mission.

Dang, and I thought I was here to have fun!

eskimo

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2005, 10:57:31 PM »
i just fly to kill people.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2005, 11:10:59 PM »
what killed the CT..... hmmmm this weeks setup is at the top of the list. Even if it gets 100 ppl a night its still killing the CT and what it was made for.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
what killed the CT?
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2005, 01:11:30 AM »
TK, it was "made" for the players to have fun in.  If no one is having fun then its time to try something different.  I agree, I dont think this is it, but we all had our chance to voice an opinion. Its done now, so either suck it up and support the group, or go play somewhere else until the experiment is over.  No matter what else we do to move forward, its time to stop being so negative and bashing on everybody's decisions.  Argue all you like during the decision making process, thats what it's for.  Once the decision has been made, we need to support it.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2005, 01:24:24 AM »
CT was made for historical setups not to test crap out. I dont know what the CMs are doing but this is not helping the CT out.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2005, 03:45:17 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
CT was made for historical setups not to test crap out. I dont know what the CMs are doing but this is not helping the CT out.

Weren't you the one who told Skuzzy to shut the CT down?

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2005, 03:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Weren't you the one who told Skuzzy to shut the CT down?

yep or rename it Furball Arena

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
what killed the CT?
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2005, 09:24:44 AM »
Its not really what killed it but what is killing it. The bad attitudes and loud mouths that run without thinking both on this board and in the arena which kill it slowly.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2005, 09:28:15 AM »
Want to know what killed the ct? Look at some of your replies....

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2005, 09:56:31 AM »
no its not the bad mouths that kill the CT hey look at the MA its doing better then ever. its the way the CMs run it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2005, 10:12:23 AM »
then again, maybe it was the stupid, silly, adolescent animated avatars which killed ct
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

what killed the CT?
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2005, 10:15:44 AM »
my replies?  I haven't been in there for three weeks and by the looks of it it still blows.

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 12:43:32 PM »
Not too many people know about the CT.Maybe instead of comin on here and whining about the CM,s or the setup you should be getting the people who don,t know about it,too know more about it.

Of course the setup suckz when there is no people in there too play in it.The best thing about the CT is that it's quiet in there.There aren't 20 people jamin up the VOX or the text buffer.

And you usually don,t get HO shot in there either.

Just my 2 centz
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 12:53:42 PM by 1Klink »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
what killed the CT?
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2005, 01:31:40 PM »
Originally posted by 1Klink
Not too many people know about the CT.Maybe instead of comin on here and whining about the CM,s or the setup you should be getting the people who don,t know about it,too know more about it.

Of course the setup suckz when there is no people in there too play in it.The best thing about the CT is that it's quiet in there.There aren't 20 people jamin up the VOX or the text buffer.

And you usually don,t get HO shot in there either.

Just my 2 centz

You are right, not many people know about the CT.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.