Author Topic: Dueling Mode Icons For MA  (Read 348 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Dueling Mode Icons For MA
« on: May 18, 2005, 06:42:56 AM »
How about a check six type command that would send the offer of a 1 on 1 duel to an enemy con in vis range?

You toggle the nme icons with a mapped key and hit enter on the selected plane you want 1 on 1 with.If he accepts(text buffer request"Me109 Requests Duel"),both players icons go black with an added (D) after the plane type...for example  nme icon changes to 109g2(D)

The request costs you 2 perks whether he/she accepts or not.Both plane's dots are removed from radar.If he runs outta vis range duel mode is cancelled.

Here's an example...

You're flying alone and come upon a co-alt enemy Me109 at 15k.It looks like you have some friendlies some ways back and that nme bar dar shows the same...You send a duel request at 5.5k range with a mapped key command.He accepts with "/.ad" command.

You and the 109's icons both go black...Both you and your oppenents dots dissappear from dar...You battle it out,cutting and slashing your way down to 3k..Taking some damage but you get a good snapshot in there.Damn good fite happening!..Then 3 friendlies come into range.Instead of all three diving down,they see the black icons and stay out.Two of them move on while one stays to await the outcome.

Sounds like fun to me.What you guys think?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 07:00:21 AM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 08:58:36 AM »
I like the idea, but I don't think it belongs in the MA.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 03:28:14 PM »
>>Then 3 friendlies come into range.Instead of all three diving down,they see the black icons and stay out.<<

Great idea SL but, the above could be/will be a sticking point ;(
Call me a pessimist but, I don't think all but a small number would honor it.

Offline Naytch

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 06:18:51 AM »
So it costs two perks to request a duel, so does the winner get anything when he wins?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:04:30 AM »
Originally posted by Naytch
So it costs two perks to request a duel, so does the winner get anything when he wins?

No.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 10:13:17 AM »
Originally posted by Don
Great idea SL but, the above could be/will be a sticking point ;(
Call me a pessimist but, I don't think all but a small number would honor it.

I agree.  Good idea, but now way in heck people are going to honor that.  Maybe have a system that if you break up a duel before it is over, that person breaking it up looses perks, say 50 or even 100.

If its a noob with no perks, they start off in the hole with negative perks.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »
I agree it probably wouldn't be wise to challenge a duel when flying into a horde..in fact it would probably be funny.

I would guess it would work a lot of the time though...might even encourage people to fly early war planes as well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 10:22:41 PM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Spaz0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/or2/BullDogs
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 01:56:32 AM »
sounds like a good idea,but it seems if your going to charge perks for it,there should be somekind of perk bonus from it :D