Author Topic: HQ Bug on current map in MA  (Read 369 times)

Offline Ermac

• Zinc Member
HQ Bug on current map in MA
« on: May 11, 2005, 06:52:59 PM »
Ok so this is rather annoying and interesting at the same time.

Today I launched a flight of B24's with 8 1000 Pound eggs per plane.

At the same time Siwicki Launced a flight of Lancasters with 14 1000 Pound eggs per plane.

After flying for almost an hour Siwicki and I converge half a sector from the target HQ.

I make my drop with a setting of: Salvo: 8 Delay:0.05
I get a direct hit on the big white HQ building with all of my bombs not one single miss. all 4 gun emplacements ontop of the building went down.

20 seconds after I made my drop Siwicki made his drop with a setting of: Salvo: 14 Delay: 0.05. He to gets a direct hit aswell and gets a report of "Object Destroyed" 2 times.

When I checked the country status the Bishops HQ show'd 100% functional. so I thought perhaps there was a bug in the way the HQ reported its damage in the game.

So at this point I contact some one on the Bishops and ask if his Enemy radar went down, he tells me no it did not.

Between 6 bombers, 2 pilots 4 drones thats a total of 72,000 Pounds of ordinace directly on an HQ with no avail.

Seems a bit strange to me can some one please look into this.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 06:55:40 PM by Ermac »

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 07:24:46 PM »
In the help files it says this:

HQ 19 1000 lb 2 hours Kills all radar for a country

72 1000 lbs should have done it.  I think you should get a message that would say you destroyed HQ.

Gunner
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 07:27:39 PM by GunnerCAF »
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 12:24:32 AM »
Originally posted by GunnerCAF

HQ 19 1000 lb 2 hours Kills all radar for a country
The help pages were never updated, it takes 37,500 lb to blow it now.  The change occurred before AH2 was released, even before the 163 was added.

With 14,000 x 3 + 6,000 x 3 = 60,000, it's more then enough if you hit the HQ. The other thing you need to know is that you don't get partial dar damage any more, it's all or nothing.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Ermac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 05:25:57 AM »
Ok so my squad and a few other pilots made a mission out of doing it this time to see if MAYBE we missed the first time and just didnt know it.

3 Lancs with 14 1000 pound bombs X3
2 Lancs with 9 1000 pound bombs and one 4000 pound bomb X3
1 b17 with 6 1000 pound bombs X3

Still nothing.

Here are some pics of the HQ imediatetly after the end of our run.

As you notice on the clipboard it still show's NO DAMAGE to the HQ what so ever but you can clearly see that the HQ has been satureated with ordinace

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 05:45:31 AM »
don't see any bomb craters near the actual HQ.

All around it looks pretty toast, but even near misses on HQ bld. would show line of bomb craters around it.

we caputed that bish field tonight.  saw about 6 guys head over to the (now) nearby Bish HQ.  One pass and it died.  Heck, they didn't even leave a single bld for my 110 to strafe.

No bug.  Bish HQ died just fine.  

Aim possibly?  you got to hit the big white bld.  others don't really matter.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 05:57:46 AM »
Originally posted by Ermac
As you notice on the clipboard it still show's NO DAMAGE to the HQ what so ever but you can clearly see that the HQ has been satureated with ordinace

Ermac, there is damage to the HQ but the functionality of radar is only affected when it is 100% down.  It is all or none.  You have to get everything down in order to show effect to radar functionality.

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 10:15:39 AM »
To destroy the HQ one set of lanc's must hit ONLY the big HQ building and nothing else...salvo 14 delay .05...and it helps to slow down a bit say 200-210 knots.  NONE of the other buildings have ANY effect.  The surrounding buildings used to bring down part of it (dot dar?) and the big white builing killed the rest(Dar bar)...I may have those backward.  It also seems to help if you stay low 7-15k so bombs do not scatter to much.  Killed HQ's many times this way in AH2.

Dawgwx

Offline Ermac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 12:07:41 PM »
Ok I guess I wasnt clear, on 2 seperate occations we hit the HQ with over 72K worth of ordinace.

All Direct Hits ontop of the Big White Main HQ building. and not once did it do any damage.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 07:34:53 PM »
Originally posted by Ermac
Ok I guess I wasnt clear, on 2 seperate occations we hit the HQ with over 72K worth of ordinace.

All Direct Hits ontop of the Big White Main HQ building. and not once did it do any damage.

i can only use your picture for an example.  BUT if you try and tell me that you guys droped 72k worth of eggs, and ALL hit the white building directly, and only the white bld, the I have to say your not being truthful.  Look at your own screenshot.  No eggs were dropped NEAR the white bld.  (no craters).  You may have dropped 72k of ord NEAR the hq, but not ON it.  We killed that same hq no issue not that many hours later (say 8hrs).  It died no problem.

I'm guessing that y'all missed.  It's not how MUCH ord you drop, it's WHERE you drop.  With that many guys hitting HQ, some of you are bound to NEAR miss the HQ bld.  Take the screenshot you posted.  There are no craters near the white HQ bld.  The REST of the town around it was toast, but like prev. posted, those building don't really matter.  

Just work on your lvl. bombing some.  You'll start toasting HQ's no issue.

(edit) looking at that last screen shot, you'll see me asking for the CH sqd. channel.  So we killed that same HQ, no more than 3hrs at the most later, prob. more like 2.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 07:37:29 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 08:15:02 AM »
I dropped 14x3x1000lb's from lanc's on the Bish HQ last night.  I got the 4 guns on the roof - but no HQ kill.  I could see no craters...which I believe means they all hit HQ building.  Moto61 (a Bish) flew over and verified no craters and 4 guns on roof destroyed.  Has the hardness (lol he said hard-ness) been changed on this map?  Bug?  Thanks again Moto61 for looking!

DawgWx

Offline Ermac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 01:43:08 PM »
Originally posted by MaddogWx
I dropped 14x3x1000lb's from lanc's on the Bish HQ last night.  I got the 4 guns on the roof - but no HQ kill.  I could see no craters...which I believe means they all hit HQ building.  Moto61 (a Bish) flew over and verified no craters and 4 guns on roof destroyed.  Has the hardness (lol he said hard-ness) been changed on this map?  Bug?  Thanks again Moto61 for looking!

DawgWx

Exact same thing that happend to me hence why you see no bomb craters near the HQ building visible bomb craters with a building still up indicate a miss, No visible craters untill building is destroyed indicate a direct hit. Now that 2 people have had the same problem on two seperate occations maybe you guys will beleive that this really is a bug.

And its not my connect cuz im on a T1 and a full one at that not a fractional T1
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 01:46:17 PM by Ermac »

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 04:41:57 PM »
still don't think it's a bug.

that same hq dropped just fine less than 3 hours later.

dunno...
— George Patton