Author Topic: A Poll: Realism Arena vs. Current Arena.  (Read 1705 times)

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
A Poll: Realism Arena vs. Current Arena.
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 08:56:11 AM »
Rescue would be really cool like we did in that Sinai Scenario.

If you can get a buddy to come get you and take you home you could get full perks or something.

THAT would be cool.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 09:53:53 AM »
>>Ill come back and check tod but by the sounds of it hitecg are smoking pot, see you in say ummm 2 years <<

Hehe, and now we've heard from someone who thinks our game isn't better than an arcade game :rofl

I'll go ya one better pal; how bout never coming back? :cool:

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2005, 12:11:15 PM »
again.... what is "ToD"??
:)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 12:48:18 PM »
Originally posted by Alky

It's a new arena concept HiTech is working on. It will be a historic based arena, where you will have a limited amount of live's. You will flying assigned missions, and the mission directly affects the outcome of the war, or campaign. Others can probably give you more and better info, but thats pretty much the basic idea.:)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2005, 02:23:50 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty

Others can probably give you more and better info, but thats pretty much the basic idea.:)

That's great Shifty, that anwers my question perfectly :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2005, 02:25:50 PM »
Originally posted by Alky

Try looking here.....

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_059a.html

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2005, 08:22:25 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
No way no how.

Rolling plane set = nonstop arguements and whines.  You can set a given series of planes as matchups, like they did last night in the CT. Was some good fights there.

But rolling plane sets sucked in WB, and they'd suck even worse here. They are in a word a mistake. They appeal to people who like to fly a plane that happens to come out fairly early, and that has a significant advantage over everything else out there.

You want that, go back to warbirds, they still argueing about it over there after some 9 years of tinkering with it.

1-1 maps, with 1.0 fuel burn, sure. In no place will 2 opposing fields be closer than 200 miles to each other, well ok thats realism. If thats what you REALLY want, I'll try it.

No ammo counters, no E6b, no inflight map with GPS indicator. You could have a table that "estimated" fuel burn times based on gauge readings. Navigation would be dead reckoning. Paper map, compass and ruler. You have 5 kills and can't find the base, so you crash in jungle. Well thats realism, sure thats what you want?

GHOSTH,
 I aggree 110% !

You didn't mention  to  the FR advocates, about the "spotter guys",  that have to spend the night in the tower, relaying what they are seeing on "the in tower radar " , and spending their night on their vox telling their countrymen and squad mates where the CONS are so the guys in the planes can find a fight .
 Their is another " circle-jerk "  Full realisum attribute that I hated about WB's .......and FR . ..........and yes " RogerWilco " works no-matter where you are in the game .......

Regards to all
 CHECKERS
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2005, 09:52:08 AM »
For those that are looking for more "realism", I'd suggest checking into the scenarios like "Coral Sea" and "Rangoon" which were recently ran in the SEA.
There you have historically matched plane sets, 1-2 lives (depending on how many a/c were allocated to that unit, etc.),  semi-historically correct maps, etc.
No p-51 vs. p-51 fights, mission objectives, etc.

I thought it was great funto be part of a team with everybody working towards common goals, in a historical match-up of actuall WWII opposing forces.

Until TOD gets done in two weeks, this may be the closest thing you'll find to the "realism" type are you're asking about.

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2005, 10:09:04 AM »
join the Air Force,now thats realism.After having flown for a few years its funny how nobody says anything regarding thermal air pockets,cross winds, prop wash,and various other things that have a definite impact on actual flight.Seems most who want realism only want it to the degree that they deem REAL ,and any variation from that degree to them is nothing more than catering to the hordes,gammers,community.I think this game is moving ahead just fine.Remember when there wasnt skins,basic interiors,and no idea if there would ever be any additional planes added.So hats off to HTC for the effort to make this game fit all classes of people,aviation buffs,flight enthuesiest,gammers,weekend warriors, land grabbers,gv fanatics and even my 10 year old son who seen it on the discovery channel 2 years a ago and said "Dad you gotta see this p-51,its awsome"and thus I was forever hooked on AH.

JB12

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2005, 12:00:29 PM »
How about simulating a full bladder on those long missions...the screen could start to turn yellow when you really got to pee (like a blackout but yellow)! Then just map the relief tube key to a button on yer joystick and AAAAAHHHHHH! Of course you can't manuever while you are peeing so you must be in autopilot. If you have to cut off the stream because your bounced, well, you get permanent pee stains on the inside of your cockpit! Let's not forget the system message in the radio buffer -

System: Magoo just p*ssed himself in a P47D-40 of ~Da Needle D*ck Baby Rapers~

MAGOO:D
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2005, 12:44:27 PM »
LMAO .... Magoo that's funny :rofl  :rofl  :rofl :mad: :D :D :D :rofl :rofl

OKeh FR.... No beer ! no mexican food , ......... :(  

CHECKERS
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2005, 12:47:32 PM »
The bladder part is funny but the bottom part of the message is not.

I am the foster parent of an abused child and I don't think it's funny one bit.

I don't want to bring anyone down but maybe you could change the post a little.

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2005, 01:01:40 PM »
Sorry if your offended HavocTM, was unintentional.

Actually, at least when I was growing up, A Needle d*ck baby raper was what you called some guy, friend or otherwise, who was dating/chasing/lusting after a girl who was  too young for him. For instance a Senior in high school dating a Sophomore or Freshman (hence the derogatory comment on the size of his johnson). Whereas the person who abused you foster child is more accurately described as scum.

(not changing the post)

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2005, 01:06:39 PM »
I gotcha.

Sorry for the gut reaction.  

I did laugh out loud (at work) thinking about the windshield splattered with yellow instead of oil or blood.  I am sure my coworkers think I am losing it.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2005, 01:16:06 PM »
Originally posted by Magoo
How about simulating a full bladder on those long missions...the screen could start to turn yellow when you really got to pee (like a blackout but yellow)! Then just map the relief tube key to a button on yer joystick and AAAAAHHHHHH! Of course you can't manuever while you are peeing so you must be in autopilot. If you have to cut off the stream because your bounced, well, you get permanent pee stains on the inside of your cockpit! Let's not forget the system message in the radio buffer -

MAGOO:D

Hey, this is already as real as it gets. Can't tell you how many times I've had to AFK during a long flight to go empty the bladder. (I don't think the wife would appreciate a "pee jar" under the desk)

What's worse is when it happens in the heat of combat. There's just something about a full bladder that interferes with cognative functions.