Author Topic: Ostwind Range minimum and maximum  (Read 893 times)

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Ostwind Range minimum and maximum
« on: April 26, 2005, 02:10:21 PM »
Ok Guys, Is there any lead in involved here ? or is just point and shoot ? I have been trying from 800-1000 yds with no luck so far.
I use a mouse for the Ostie (and for gunnery on the bombers) as it moves quicker (at least on my machine) and it gets me on target quicker.
Cheers
Big G

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 03:34:10 PM »
I've been told that you can get hits at 3.0K with the Osti.  The best I have done is 2.5K on many ocassions.      

with the manned ack single barrel 37MM I have got hits at 3.9K.

There was a LA7 that was vulching the field and got over 4 kills doing this.    I was one of them.    As he was running for home to land his hard earned victories I jumped in the manned ack and took his wing off at 3.9K.

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 10:22:57 PM »
of course you have to lead, also use your page up key to see over the top of the crappy sight, and use your tracers to aim.  I find a little zoom comes in handy too....

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 11:39:26 PM »
Or you can just place the mouse at the center of the sight and then hit page up.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 06:41:05 AM »
and if you really want to go mad for it, you edit the cursor in the HTC folder and turn it into a mini crosshair :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Zazen's how to kill in an Osti
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 10:32:21 AM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129234&highlight=zazen+osti

Maybe this will help. I use the Osti a fair amount myself but still can't hit much with it.  :mad:

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Re: Ostwind Range minimum and maximum
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 02:45:09 PM »
Originally posted by Big G
Ok Guys, Is there any lead in involved here ? or is just point and shoot ? I have been trying from 800-1000 yds with no luck so far.
_____________________________ ____________________

Lead plays an important role when using an Osti.  It's not unlike RL shooting..........if you aim at target,  while it's moving,  your shot will land behind the target.

The further away the target.....the more you lead;  the same is true with speed of target; ie.  La 7 -- fast plane....more lead time.  Just the opposite is true with a slower plane......like an IL-2.

Without a doubt get away from the Osti targeting sight, pan up above it, hit F10 to save head position, then watch your tracers.

Bottom line; practice, practice, practice.

Ltarokit,  XO

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 04:51:24 PM »
How do you switch between flying the buff with the stick and using the mouse to gun??

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 08:29:41 PM »
That would be a nice option eh? Not unlike AW...just hit type .unlock controls and you could be using mouse to control things.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 02:32:14 AM »
I hope you actually target with the mouse. You can also look around in mouse look which will make you fire in the same direction all the time.

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 12:35:37 AM »
You know what would be good, if one of you guys made a film of Ostwind gunnery, cause I can't hit chit, have a hard time hitting the VH I just came out of.  :D
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net