Author Topic: Turning The Tables George Galloway  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Turning The Tables George Galloway
« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2005, 05:30:45 PM »
So I think your suffering from "surplus envy" and not big enough to admit it.

Actually, I've heard from friends that have visited there that NZ is  cool place to live and I'd like to visit it myself. I bet it's a great place to live.

As far as surplus envy well... A balanced budget being necessary to a healthy economy is a fallacy.  I'm not saying a balanced budget is a bad thing but Jimmy Carter went for the  whole balanced budget myth and caused our economy to tank.  

Our economy is doing extremely well. Thanks for your concern, although it is greatly misplaced.  I have never had more money and been less in debt in my adult life.  Our economy continues to grow and improve to even better heights in spite of all you budget weenies and your bleating. Sadly for you haters out there, we are doing very well.

Conclusion: Like all fiscally savvy people, I realize that the budget deficit is hardly the ogre the unwashed masses(you among them) claim it to be.  It is of little concern.  If you want to try to take a stab at the dollar you might just get my attention.  Here, let me get you started on the right track: I'm concerned that China has tied their currency to our and how it could devalue the dollar further.  There, go from there about how stable your currency is.... you might be able to score points with that.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: May 23, 2005, 05:31:32 PM »
Good shot

A note from the unwashed masses... my point is proven.  Thanks.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2005, 06:02:39 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
A note from the unwashed masses... my point is proven.  Thanks.

Oh, my. I feel so...defeated.

Really! :D

culero (clue: that one sailed over your head, dood)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #333 on: May 24, 2005, 02:55:11 AM »
Our economy is doing extremely well. Thanks for your concern, although it is greatly misplaced.  I have never had more money and been less in debt in my adult life.  

True Deficit is fine short term and within limits for the current generation e.g you. It's the next generation that has to pay for it.  How much is the interest at the moment? 20 billion a year?

Deficit is one thing but growing to a trillion is another just for the interest payments alone. Even for an economy as big as the US. Maybe not today but somewhere down the line  it's going to  need paying and it's going to  hurt.

....-Gixer

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2005, 03:27:54 AM »
Deficit is one thing but growing to a trillion is another just for the interest payments alone. Even for an economy as big as the US. Maybe not today but somewhere down the line it's going to need paying and it's going to hurt.

How do you know?  Maybe economy will continue to boom and tax revenue at current  rates will take care of things.  You simply don't know.  You're an alarmist like so many others.  We are in a big deficit yet the economy  keeps on booming along.    You have no experience w/ our deficit, no evidence to support your assumption.... you   don't  know.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2005, 03:32:30 AM »
Originally posted by GreenCloud
arpgh arpgh arpgh..says the wittel bwoys from that island where they sent all the retarded criminals who got caught...

gixer u are a first class maroon ^

Stalin was a great guy too..Hell With your logic North korean peopel are having a party!!

and for you to compare that little country you live in....If it all burned up and fell into a dark hole...would it matter...NO..

so comparing your "budget" to the ALMIGHTY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...................... ..hahahahhahaah...ya..

thats like comparing a ysr 50 to a 2005 Gxr 1000......ya they both have wheels...

but funny the more you type..the more ammo there is to bury you......LOLOLOLOOLO..better off..

Look how my favorite online translator  translated this :

Pluvise, irrit contre la ville entire,
De son urne grands flots verse un froid tnbreux
Aux ples habitants du voisin cimetire
Et la mortalit sur les faubourgs brumeux.

Mon chat sur le carreau cherchant une litire
Agite sans repos son corps maigre et galeux;
L'me d'un vieux pote erre dans la gouttire
Avec la triste voix d'un fantme frileux.

Le bourdon se lamente, et la bche enfume
Accompagne en fausset la pendule enrhume,
Cependant qu'en un jeu plein de sales parfums,

Hritage fatal d'une vieille hydropique,
Le beau valet de cur et la dame de pique
Causent sinistrement de leurs amours dfunts.

strange no ?

:p

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2005, 03:38:05 AM »
How do you know?  Maybe economy will continue to boom and tax revenue at current  rates will take care of things.  You simply don't know.  You're an alarmist like so many others.  We are in a big deficit yet the economy  keeps on booming along.    You have no experience w/ our deficit, no evidence to support your assumption.... you   don't  know.

Tax revenue can't take care of the deficit alone, especially if you continue to spend more then is made through the economy no matter how big or long the boom. I don't have a crystal ball and I can only support my opinion on what I learnt from my Economics lectures but we did use the US economy as a comparison to others so I do have a little undestanding of how it works.

...-Gixer

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #337 on: May 24, 2005, 12:42:47 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Look how my favorite online translator  translated this :

Pluvise, irrit contre la ville entire,
De son urne grands flots verse un froid tnbreux
Aux ples habitants du voisin cimetire
Et la mortalit sur les faubourgs brumeux.

Mon chat sur le carreau cherchant une litire
Agite sans repos son corps maigre et galeux;
L'me d'un vieux pote erre dans la gouttire
Avec la triste voix d'un fantme frileux.

Le bourdon se lamente, et la bche enfume
Accompagne en fausset la pendule enrhume,
Cependant qu'en un jeu plein de sales parfums,

Hritage fatal d'une vieille hydropique,
Le beau valet de cur et la dame de pique
Causent sinistrement de leurs amours dfunts.

strange no ?

:p

Not really.. I still cant read it.. :)