Author Topic: CTD  (Read 675 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
CTD
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 05:30:25 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
ok , let try one thing :

Start eventvwr.exe

Clear all events you have in Applications and system.

Reboot your PC

Start AH wait for it to CTD , look again in eventvwr to see if there is a new entry in either with a red icon.

If yes post the event number here.

No entries in any of the above, never were evidently.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
CTD
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 10:09:49 AM »
Damm I'm clueless ,sorry :(

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
CTD
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 07:45:41 AM »
I think I've figured it out. I THINK the video card is toast. The BIOS on the card is possibly corrupted, since the original motherboard and CPU died from the constant power outages around here, and BIOS corruption was one of the issues with the motherboard.

In fooling around with it, I tried every driver for the video card from the old 24 series to the 61 series, which is as new as Skuzzy said would work. Nothing but the 61 series would even START AH II. I spent about 12-14 hours on that last weekend.

Then, by chance, I went to the motherboard BIOS and bumped the AGP voltage a tenth. I found I could stay on longer before the CTD. Eventually, I get a CTD though. And as the night goes on, the CTD's get more frequent, and SOMETIMES accompany a view change of some sort. I bumped the AGP voltage another tenth and the duration between log on and the first CTD got longer.

Looks like since everything else passes benchmark AND diagnostic tests, I'll be getting a new video card.\

We'll see how a new card does in a week or so.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe