Author Topic: Help with a tribute  (Read 381 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Help with a tribute
« on: May 24, 2005, 02:34:59 AM »
As many of you may or may not know, my grandfather was a Marine during World War Two, flying the F4U Corsair for VMF-323. He also flew the Corsair in Korea and is the recipiant of the Distiguished Flying Cross and four Air Medals. He retired in 1967 as a Lieutenant Colonel and is now in his 80s.

Unfortunatly, his health is declining and my family fears he may not be with us much longer. I have been scrambling to write down his memoirs before he goes and so far I've learned a lot about him that I did not know in the past. Last night, I had an idea for a tribute to him that I wish to present to him very soon. I used Pacific Fighters and came up with this screenshot:

I want to make this shot look like an old, weathered photograph and less like a computer game. My PS skills are very limited and after an hour or so I have only managed to come up with this:

I know a lot of you here are very good PS'ers, and I was wondering if anyone would help me get this to look good. I've been trying to add "Semper Fi, Col. Price" to it like an autograph but I cannot do that, either. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi...

Offline nn76240

• Copper Member
Help with a tribute
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:18:24 PM »
I may not be the best at this but ill see what i can do.