Author Topic: GV Views  (Read 449 times)

Offline grmrpr

• Copper Member
      • http://www.maderios.org/
GV Views
« on: May 23, 2005, 09:51:18 AM »
All-

I have gotten my gun sight view porked while looking down the barrel in the tank.  I think I hit F10 and saved it wrong.  Also I used to be able to look down the barrel and press page down to look more towards the bottom of the sight but now page down just keeps going down and down into the tank and does not stop at the bottom of the sight.  My two questions are:

1.  How to restore the GV barrel sight back to stock "Head Position".
2.  What view setting is needed to be able to press page down and have the view automatically stop at the bottom of the sight.

I would appreaciate any help on this.  I was able to rename my settings folder to solve item #1 but not item #2.  Also I could not find the information in the help manuals.

tia-

GrmRpr

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
GV Views
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 10:16:44 AM »
I think it's the 'home"* key to reset the view.

* it can have an arrow oriented left instead of the label 'home"

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
GV Views
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 10:40:25 AM »
Straffo is correct. it is the home key. When ever you mess up your settings just hit it to reset default view and hit f10 to reset it that view.

You can also use macros to move your head fwd to a point just about outside the drivers view port, by using the arrow keys. F1 to enter macro mode, make the change, f10 to save it. It works very well when using the hat (hat pushed fwd and set).

Offline grmrpr

• Copper Member
GV Views
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 02:15:33 PM »
I appreciate the replies but neither of them address item #2.  Anyone have any clues?

tia-

GrmRpr

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
GV Views
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 02:59:17 PM »
Originally posted by grmrpr
I appreciate the replies but neither of them address item #2.  Anyone have any clues?

tia-

GrmRpr
there is no "setting"

page down will move your head as far as HTC has enabled it to move. it will only "auto-stop" there
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline grmrpr

• Copper Member
GV Views
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 03:10:45 PM »
Thats the prob it used to stop at the bottom of the barrel now it keeps going down and down below the gun into the inside of the tank.

Offline BTAirsol

• Copper Member
GV Views
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »
Grm I'm glad you did not do that on your plane sights or you would not have gotten all those kills in the F6F you posted on our web site!:D

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
GV Views
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 03:43:27 PM »
Hit  F8, if thats what I think your trying to do....elevate your gun to get the range you need for the shot, and paging down to keep an eye on target.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
GV Views
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 04:19:40 PM »
Originally posted by grmrpr
Thats the prob it used to stop at the bottom of the barrel now it keeps going down and down below the gun into the inside of the tank.
whatever it "used to do" is not the issue. there is no command in game to make the page down function stop at a certain point unless you take your finger off the button.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
GV Views
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 05:51:52 PM »
Instead of useing page down.

F8 for pan mode

Use keypad 8 key to lower, 2 to raise view.

This should let you zoom all the way in while in the main gun. And still see target/shells hit.

I do also use the mouse pointer as an aid.

IE fire round guessing distance. If its close, put pointer when shell hit, now move gun till pointer is on target. May have to bracket one more time but that will get you close fairly fast.

Offline grmrpr

• Copper Member
GV Views
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 02:19:16 PM »
Ahh ok now I get it ;)

I was pressing the wrong botton.  The button I was looking for was the down arrow and not the page down key.  DOH!

Thank you for letting me know the reset view key...  And Thanks to all for your assistance.

GrmRpr

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
GV Views
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
IE fire round guessing distance. If its close, put pointer when shell hit, now move gun till pointer is on target. May have to bracket one more time but that will get you close fairly fast.

i've never even thought about doing that.  What a great idea.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
GV Views
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 04:19:07 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
i've never even thought about doing that.  What a great idea.

you can also convert the pointer into a mini gunsight, like you can make or redo gunsights on a plane.