Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5844 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2005, 12:27:59 PM »
Well, what ever it was, I have not noticed it for at list a month or two.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2005, 12:37:50 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Are you talking about in the arena or here on the BBS? I've never seen Slash act unprofessionally in the arena but I'm not there all the time obviously, and things by nature here on the BBS are nasty and have been for a long time.

You havent but I have and one thing that he said in a PM to me really really pissed me off. I should have took a screen shot and sent it in. Slash do you remember what I'm talking about? It was that night with the Fin/Rus map.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2005, 12:38:38 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill

someone said that the nose bounce was because of the persons system if this is true then could this stall thing be the same?

Actually, its a problem with the default deadband setting vs the sensitivity of various sticks that makes the problem more or less pronounced depending on the individual, their type of stick, the age of the stick or general condition, etc.  The lighter the springs are off the center, the more worn it is, etc, the more likely you are to get variations from stiffer ones (no jokes about stiff or limp sticks lol).  It simply requires that you adjust the default settings to fit your specific needs (big surprise, I'm having a DOH! moment that I never thought of it).  Some of the longtime vets have had custom stick profiles for quite awhile, and I think the rest of us dont mess with them more because it is so intimidating to look at all those sliders and all those settings and not really know how much one or the other is going to help without trying it.  Anyway, the very simple suggestions in the thread I mentioned helped me remove my nose bounce.  Gunnery is improving too.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2005, 12:40:16 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Actually, its a problem with the default deadband setting vs the sensitivity of various sticks that makes the problem more or less pronounced depending on the individual, their type of stick, the age of the stick or general condition, etc.  The lighter the springs are off the center, the more worn it is, etc, the more likely you are to get variations from stiffer ones (no jokes about stiff or limp sticks lol).  It simply requires that you adjust the default settings to fit your specific needs (big surprise, I'm having a DOH! moment that I never thought of it).  Some of the longtime vets have had custom stick profiles for quite awhile, and I think the rest of us dont mess with them more because it is so intimidating to look at all those sliders and all those settings and not really know how much one or the other is going to help without trying it.  Anyway, the very simple suggestions in the thread I mentioned helped me remove my nose bounce.  Gunnery is improving too.

rgr ill go check that out

storch

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2005, 12:54:35 PM »
I have the stall limiter disabled and the combat trim off

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2005, 01:03:32 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I have the stall limiter disabled and the combat trim off

as do i
I haven't noticed any difference btwn ma & ct as far as any plane fm goes
I can stir the stick equally in both :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2005, 01:05:14 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Well, what ever it was, I have not noticed it for at list a month or two.
that would be about right.  it was happening before, it stopped and then started about two months ago but only in the CT.  prior to two months ago I hardly ever flew in the MA so I had no basis for comparisson.

no need for us to disband I think we will wait out this current crop while looking and hoping for improvement.  If improvement comes I would return to the arena.  for my part my complaint isn't so much about personality or individuals but about responsibility, commitment and follow through.  If a person can't fulfill his obligations then the subject person should resign his position and allow someone else to provide the service.

I wouldn't take on a job (even a voluntarily one) unless I am sure that;

1.  I could hold up my end of the arrangement
2. I could deal with the inevitable critizism any position of  leadership surely brings with it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2005, 01:05:23 PM »
Then the plane will fly exatly like it would in the main arena.

On thing you might consider is if the CT is using a different Fuel burn rate. You would always be ariving at the fight heavyier than you would for an = time in the main. But I assure you there is no change in the flight model between arenas other than what I have spoken about.l

HiTech

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2005, 01:53:46 PM »
Originally posted by storch
If a person can't fulfill his obligations then the subject person should resign his position and allow someone else to provide the service.

You volunteering again, Storch?

- oldman

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2005, 01:56:34 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Then the plane will fly exatly like it would in the main arena.

On thing you might consider is if the CT is using a different Fuel burn rate. You would always be ariving at the fight heavyier than you would for an = time in the main. But I assure you there is no change in the flight model between arenas other than what I have spoken about.l

HiTech

This is a simple thing to check. And something that can be done when I get home tonight.

Usually in the CT we change the fuel burn to allow for people to stay up longer than what you see in the MA. Wouldn't a change in the fuel burn rate allow for the center of gravity in our virtual planes to change? If so then Storch and associates would be flying more aggressively in the nature of the CT and smaller fights. All the while being in a heavier fuel state than they are used to and as a result they think that they could fly as they do in the MA and then end up falling out of the fight because the aircraft is performing differently than in the MA when they fly.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2005, 02:07:58 PM »
Grits do you really believe “returning in kind to personal attacks” is a successful strategy. That’s what they do on Jerry Springer.

Is a criticism of one’s performance a personal attack?

‘You are no good’ is a personal attack.
‘You did no good’ is not a personal attack.

‘You suck’ is a personal attack.
‘Your setup sucks’ is not a personal attack.

‘You are irresponsible.’ is a personal attack.
‘You were irresponsible’ is not a personal attack.

And yes, I believe the rules of comportment for staffers carry over to the CT forum, not necessarily the Oclub.

I have intentionally refrained from commenting on how the CT is maintained. If you play there you already know, if you don’t play there it doesn’t matter.  Complaining about volunteers is like looking a gift horse in the mouth. Nevertheless, I am condemned by my association with the evil minions whose very existence is the source of all evil and pestilence. I implore you all to join our cult of depravity and sin. The leather doesn’t chafe too bad if you use a little powder. Shun your flapped up laser 50 hizooka silk panty rides, ride the ragged edge of the rusty razor, be the yang to the ying, be the bang to the bling, embrace the dark side. Kill, kill, kill, flames, smoke, lamentations and mourning, I see dead people, the horror…the horror…..

Wipes foam from corner of mouth, and returns to tending the flower garden…
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2005, 02:26:17 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Yeah, what ever slaker er slash... just keep your head in the sand and continue to run the CT into the ground, your doing a great job of that. :aok
+

I'm trying to figure out who is the younger by the remarks lately, Truekill or VWE.:lol

storch

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2005, 02:32:33 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
You volunteering again, Storch?

- oldman

never volunteered before and I'm not volunteering now, just saying.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2005, 02:39:30 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Grits do you really believe “returning in kind to personal attacks” is a successful strategy. That’s what they do on Jerry Springer.

Is a criticism of one’s performance a personal attack?

There has been some of both. If anyone is personally attacked they have the right to respond.

I have intentionally refrained from commenting on how the CT is maintained. If you play there you already know, if you don’t play there it doesn’t matter.  Complaining about volunteers is like looking a gift horse in the mouth. Nevertheless, I am condemned by my association with the evil minions whose very existence is the source of all evil and pestilence.[/I] [/B]

You will notice that I dont make blanket statements about JG54, I speak of specific individuals if I have a problem with one of them. Many of them I like a lot, and contrary to what JG54 may think there is not anyone in the squad that I dislike, its just a game to me. Anything that happens, like my "temporary Turretts" episode several weeks back, I dont hold grudges, the next day its gone and forgotten by me.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2005, 02:57:05 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
Well slash if people talked continuous crap about the squad you fly in for almost three years (JG3 and JG54) about how they fly and such there comes a time when you get fed up with the bull**** and snap. Thats what is going on here. What none of yall seemed to realize is that yall say we do this and that and dont take the time to look in the mirror. You know why JG3 and JG54 are trash talkers? Its becuase yalls trashtalk. Countless posts bashing and riping on us pisses us off. Espesually when people say that one squad is the soul reason that noone likes the CT. If you ask me thats one lame bellybutton excuses, because you cant find the reason that people dont fly the CT. But I know why people dont fly the CT, its becuace its not the MA.

(BTW VWE as better learership skills then u do slash and he would be a great CM becuase he knows whats best for the CT and wouldnt slack on the job)

Another thing JG54 was the best thing that happed to the CT, becuase those months when there were noone flying in the CT WE wehre the ones keeping the numbers up flying on both sides. Then when people start flying the CT again they whine cuz we gangbang and cherypick.

Tk comparing JG3 to JG54 is comparing apples to oranges. JG54 never reached the level JG3 did as far as skill and organization. In fact after you quit JG3 to fly with Jester's short lived bomber squad, Twodogs wouldn't let you back in JG3. He said he didn't want any traitors. The only reason you got back in is because I went to bat for you. Now I started with both those squads and I know what happened and what didn't. Niether one one those squads started with a defensive attitude and both were respected. JG3 got cocky because we could dominate an arena. Twodog's paranoia started the demise of JG3. A lot of that attitude carried over when certain members of the old JG3 were let into JG54(against my advice I might add). I heard all the crap about how bias HTC was toward allied planes, blah blah blah. I sure didn't seem to have the problems Storch and a couple others obcessed about. I'm sure when you're not the pilot you think you are or want to be, you have to find a plausable excuse.

You keep playing the same old tune, we're being picked on and we're just defending ourselves. BS! There are four members of JG54 who have put their whole squad in the position it's in, PERIOD!! Don't tell me it's not, I was there.  I really feel sorry for some of your guys like soda and stat who are getting lumped in with the rest. They are good guys and don't deserve it.

And TK while we're at it. You've had the JG54 site for almost a year. Either update it and remove my name from it or quit linking to it. I'm sure there are many other ex-JG54's that would appreciate it too.