Author Topic: the ground campaign  (Read 264 times)

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
the ground campaign
« on: May 17, 2005, 08:34:30 AM »
I would like to see more detail given to the ground vehicles damage mod & more variety of them. Like the sherman tank for example,it was weak yes, but it was available in great numbers & there were british modified versions that could take on tigers (firefly I think?) How about some of the tank destroyers?I would also like to have more hull down positions available for cover like the "gun pits" that used to be at the gv bases & the tunnels. Something more than just nearly impassable forests for cover anyway. A re-arm pad at the vehicle bases would be a good idea as well as supplies that don't go poof in 15 minutes or so,at least make them last longer.

I know some of you will say "But the shermans were just too weak to use." I only mention them as an example,the T-34 was fast & fairly well protected with it's sloping armour but,it is modeled with a slow reload rate. The sherman was fast, the turret traversed fast, & it reloaded fast. Everything has it's strong points & it's drawbacks, I would just like a few more to choose from since you always see so many panzers & tigers & nothing else.

Offline baine1

• Zinc Member
the ground campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 07:04:29 PM »
I'd like a few more gvs and the Sherman is the next logical addition, particularly if it had the attributes to ascribe to it. I never use the T-34 because I just can't stand to sit there waiting for the dang thing to reload while every Panzer in tarnation is plinking away at me. I'd much rather be able to shoot and scoot.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
the ground campaign
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »
I'm all for better DM depiction for GVs.

It'd probably complicate things for a while, take some time to code and stuff.. and probably would take 3~4 patches to finally tune it exactly right...but the GVs do need better DM. It's just much too simplified currently.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
the ground campaign
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 04:20:35 AM »
Yeah I'd like to shoot-n-scoot too, I'll take one of these