Author Topic: '60 Pittsburgh Pirates  (Read 227 times)

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« on: May 29, 2005, 04:16:47 PM »
Just curious, what would a team signed baseball from the 1960 World Series be priced at?

I know sports collectables vary in price accourding to each individual person. might be $0.01 to one person and $10k for another.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 07:13:32 PM »

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 07:42:03 PM »
just looked at that link..thx....That ball is from a reunion signed by surviving members of the team.....my ball is 45 years old.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 11:07:02 PM »
Dude what happend to your other one?

It die young?

:rolleyes:
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 02:04:28 AM »
Originally posted by _Ro_
just looked at that link..thx....That ball is from a reunion signed by surviving members of the team.....my ball is 45 years old.

It would be priceless to me.  I wouldn't give it up :)

Best I can do is an 87 World Series ball signed for my son by 7 of the Minnesota Twins.  Not for sale at any price.  

I remember as a kid a buddies Dad having a 58 Milwaukee Braves signed team ball and thought it about the coolest thing out there in terms of baseball.  Talk about a piece of history

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 02:15:32 AM »
I agree Guppy, the ball was given to my father form his father.....and my father gave it to me.....one day my son will be the owner of it.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 09:30:47 AM »
I agree Guppy, the ball was given to my father form his father.....and my father gave it to me.....one day my son will be the owner of it.

Items handed down over generations are indeed priceless.

Here is my 1650 "rare"  violin.

(Grandfather pictured front row, 2nd from left with this violin)

I'd never sell it, its been handed down many generations.  I should probably get it appraised for insurance purposes...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: '60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 09:35:46 AM »
Just curious, what would a team signed baseball from the 1960 World Series be priced at?

I know sports collectables vary in price accourding to each individual person. might be $0.01 to one person and $10k for another.

ah, Bill Mazeroski

Karaya

PS - My old man took me to a card show in the early 80's.  I still have a Johnny Mize and Bob Feller on seperate ones.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 05:46:41 PM »
I collect baseball memorabilia also.

Live near Youngstown Ohio so I spent lots of time in Forbes Field and Clevelands Municipal Stadium.  Now the Jake and PNC Park.

60s' Pirates....great team.  Maz is in the HOF...Clemente in right field with a shotgun for an arm.....no one...but no one would run on his arm.  Remeber Dick Stuart? AKA as Dr Strangelove because he had an iron glove....couldn't field anywhere worth beans.

Law, Face...Bob Friend...Groat, Skinner, Virdon.....just to name a few.

Never....ever sell that ball....it makes Yankee Fans wince :aok
- The Flying Circus -

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 05:54:06 PM »
Hajo,

Whats cookin in Youngstown?.....was born and raised in Duquesne, my grandfather worked in the Homestead works, also have a ball from the Grays.....use to listen to stories about Josh Gibson and how he would launch a ball clear out of site. Often wonder if the record books would have been rewriten if some of those old Grays could have been in MLB.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
'60 Pittsburgh Pirates
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 06:57:44 PM »
RO I'll see what I can find out around pittsburgh... If you want I can call a local sports talk radio station and see what they say.