Author Topic: Interesting (Ta-152)  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Panman

• Copper Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 03:09:02 PM »
I don't think it should be perked myself. The only way to use it is Bn&Zn or hi alt buff killers.It,s like the P-47 the higher u get the faster it goes. I fly it sometimes & your right. They see that tag & everyone is gunnin for ya:eek: So I guess the best way to use it is keeping the bad guys under ya:cool:

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 03:13:51 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
does it fly like the d9?
sort of... but that's like saying the F8 flies like the A8. it's a similar plane, but not that similar.

imagine a dora with uber guns, less speed, fragile wings, and a much bigger target.

if it's E is kept really high (never dipped below 325) it will get away from some planes at least to the point of friendly help...

but a dora with a teensy bit of alt will run it down and kill it (not to mention la7 p51 typhoon f4ud and others)
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 03:22:26 PM »
so in other words.

unless im going to vulch with it, forget about it

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 03:25:40 PM »
Yeah, I really don't see a situation where if it couldn't outrun its opponent it wouldn't be a chew toy.  I could pick about 7 other planes I'd rather BnZ with that would turn better than this thing and are free.  So since the AH2 ceiling is really at about 10-15K its perk value is really unwarranted.

Freakin' morph fishing again  :p

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 03:30:02 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
so in other words.

unless im going to vulch with it, forget about it

No, i wouldnt say that. The Ta is a very capable plane. Certainly capable of getting kills without vulching. If you get into SOME trouble you can use its fairly good high speed turning ability, turn hard and force an over shot. But plan on being run down if you are on the deck.

As JB73 said, a D9 with just a little more alt will run a Ta down on the deck or at medium alt with very little trouble. Once you turn, and your energy is gone in the Ta... you're in that fight till the end. And then you have to get out. Which, when slow in a ta on the deck, you should plan on staying slow for a while. Its acceleration is average at the very best.

It would be nice to see it used more. The perk tag forces people to fly so very timid. And it may not be because of the perks. Its more likely because if they know you are in a perk ride, theyre going to come to kill you at any cost.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 03:32:19 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 04:00:26 PM »
i tryed her in the ta, and found it exceptional for killin bombers as well

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 04:07:31 PM »
I'd go for unperking it. Like it was stated if I had to choose between an unperked A8 or the Ta I'd still more than likely go with the A8.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 04:11:08 PM »
the more i think about it, the more i'd fly it alot more if unperked. only for the guns.

i have bad enough aim, i pepper the guys with bb's from my dora all the time, just for split seconds, not enough to cause major damage.

i'd probably fly the TA 1/2 the time or more, but in the same style i fly the dora now, low on the deck, knife fighting like in the movie morph made.

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 04:13:43 PM »
Things I remember about Ta:

Wings broken all the times
Terrible stalls
Very poor acceleration
But very good dive
For some reason its engine cold down slower than D9 jumo 213A.

A P51D can outturn, outclimb, outaccelerate, outrun, outzoom and outroll it.

Of course, no idea how it performs over 30k.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 04:16:52 PM »
Shouldn't you be able to knife fight in it better than the Dora?  Take 50% or less fuel, burn off the wing tanks first whichever gets it lighter.  Where's Wilbus?

mauser

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 04:24:44 PM »
Originally posted by mauser
Shouldn't you be able to knife fight in it better than the Dora?  Take 50% or less fuel, burn off the wing tanks first whichever gets it lighter.  Where's Wilbus?

mauser
not really, it rolls slower than the dora, so you dont get that line or reversal as fast / easy

if you do get guns on target for a split second you will damage them alot more, but thats if...

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 05:10:01 PM »
Originally posted by JB73

"i have bad enough aim, i pepper the guys with bb's from my dora all the time, just for split seconds, not enough to cause major damage."

cuz the 20mm shell  MG151/FF minegeschoss, was not modeled, or poor modeled,
mostly used  2 out of 5 shells with 18-22grams of high explosive should make more damage than Hispanos 20mm shell with higher kinetic energy,

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 05:56:46 PM »
I have no doubt that if the fighting was between 25-30k, it would shine. As it is, it doesn't. I found it lacking at best. A D-9 would chew it up down low. Be surprised if a C-47 didn't turn better. Until it's free I won't fly it again. Not sure about after... ;)

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2005, 06:35:02 PM »
i think the Ta152 out turns the 190d9 in a flat circle low speed go around fight

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 09:16:39 PM »
The fantastic stats of the F4U-1C probably has something to do with the circumstances it is used.

I've seen some excellent pilots flying F4U-1Cs on land sorties, but most usually the F4U-1C is used as a vulch-jabo plane when CV planes effectively suppress the targetted shore field. Even if a hectic fight evolves around the CV, the F4U-1C always has its own diabolic AA platform floating nearby it within a 15 mile radius. The F4U-1C is not a slow plane, and as long as it has about 5k alt even La-7s cannot catch up to it before it makes it to the safety of CV ack and 5" guns.

Add in to the fact that their guns are so much powerful over the F4U-1D, and the success of the Chog is nothing strange in particular. It's a good plane, a cheap perked plane too, which happens to almost always fly under promising situations.

If I am correct, our AH2 Ta152H-1 is directly derived from the AH1 Ta. The only real difference is that the Ta wings don't fall off so easily in AH2, which is a good thing.

However, like in AH1, under typical MA conditions of low-mid alt engagements, the Ta152H-1 is indeed, uninspiring. The only real edge it has against its contemporaries is the wonderful armament, long range, and the best of diving capabilty there is. In my experience it's the only plane that can really catch up to a P-51 in a dive. The rest of its specs are quite average at best;

If we compare the speed(AH1 values by Whels);

-Deck Speed with WEP usage-
TEMPEST 386
LA-7 380
F4U-4 378
190D-9 375
TYPHOON 370
P-51D 367
109G-10 366
TA-152 361
SPIT-14 358
F4U-1 358
P-51B 358
F4U-1D 357
F4U-1C 356
LA-5 356
YAK9-U 355
190A-8 349

IMO, +15mph advantage is the point where a faster plane can really be considered to be able to "disengage at will" when fighting a slower plane. If the speed difference is within 10mph, it is barely noticeable. With the exception of the Tempest and the 4hog, every fighter faster than the Ta, is also a free plane. Most every MA competent fighter will run it down under some circumstances.

It climbs much slower than the Fw190D-9, roll rate is about half that of the D-9, and general speed between 0~25,000ft is all slower than the D-9 too. Despite the significantly larger wing area, it only turns just a little bit better than the  D-9. It is also prone to fall under an almost unrecoverable flat spin when it goes vertical upto under 100mph. (the "Falling Cruciform" stall)

I am aware that they Ta152 was produced in low numbers. But that begs the question. Does that simple fact make it a perk plane?

And yes, that is the real question.

IMO, low production numbers should be a just reason for perkage. Keeping a rare plane rare in the MA, is also one of the objectives the perk point system is trying to accomplish, I believe. But as it is, my guess is it'd be pretty rare even if it was perked.

The Chog is perked at 8 points, the Ta is at 20.

IMO, the Ta should be lowered to about 10.