Author Topic: Death after ditching!!!  (Read 293 times)

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Death after ditching!!!
« on: May 27, 2005, 03:48:31 PM »
I'm a bit annoyed, upon runing out of gas I notice an FW190 at co-alt, I start a dive and plan on ditching in the water, I type that I'm outta gas but the FW salivating at the easy kill must have missed it. I made it to the deck (water) and got stopped before he could get a shot on me, BUT, the game would not let me click on "tower", the FW actually had time to make a circle and make a second pass while I'm madly clicking on "tower" to no avail. He finally lines up and takes his shot...  fish in a barrel.
THIS IS WRONG, I should be able to ditch and click on tower in time, with out the enemy getting free shots till I'm dead!!
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
Death after ditching!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 04:59:42 PM »
simply type

.ef

in the text buffer. Stands for End Flight. Much faster and more reliable than clicking.

g00b

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
Death after ditching!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 03:52:39 AM »
just wondering, were you getting any messages.  like,          plane must be stopped to exit? or  was your plane rocking ?   I feel your pain,  I gotta laugh,   because i know the frantic feeling tring to land when someone wants my butt in a sling.  lmao!!!!

I hate it when im sliding to a stop or coasting as if the brakes are out, hope'n! like a mo fo! to stop!, before gettn killed and getting that feeling,!  that golden moment! that taken for granted feeling,  we all feel when clicking or .efluff'n to tower.   Until that time it aint working,  oh the pain... ouch!   lmao!  :p

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Death after ditching!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 04:13:20 PM »
Originally posted by tactic
just wondering, were you getting any messages.  like,          plane must be stopped to exit? or  was your plane rocking ?  

I was completely stopped and hadn't even taken a bullet yet from the enemy but clicking on tower did nothing, I must have clicked it 30 times... long enough for the enemy to come around for a nice easy second pass!
I don't think the plane moves when you're ditched on the water(?)
But I got to try the .ef after quickly landing a kill and an enemy coming around to vulch me, .ef (ENTER) is imediate :D
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Death after ditching!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 08:05:34 PM »
cC'mon alls fair in love and war.  Some people will let you ditch, most probably won't.  It's the game and it's something all of us deal with at some time or another
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Death after ditching!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 01:35:11 PM »
Simple solution, next time take more fuel or manage it better.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Death after ditching!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 01:50:18 PM »
Anything that prevents these easy ditches is fine by me.

If you ditch you should have to type

.iditchednowpleaseletmeendthi sflightsoiwon'tgetkilledbythosevulcherscorepotatos

:D