Author Topic: Timing  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Timing
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 09:53:29 AM »
Originally posted by LtPillur
Ok I give up. Anyone willing to walk me thru this. Regardless of field the icons/drones are still enemy. So how to use the lead computed gun sight offline? I don't see how to configure it at all.
Peace and thanks
Pillur

Enable the lead computting sight in Setup->Arena Settings->Flight Model Flags

Then just hit TAB when an enemy drone is in center of your screen. It should put a box around the icon and put the little + signs up where to shoot.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Timing
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 10:57:26 AM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Enable the lead computting sight in Setup->Arena Settings->Flight Model Flags

I looked there and what I have is....
Flight Model Flags  12:6
What does that mean?
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Timing
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 11:08:56 AM »
Originally posted by Alky
I looked there and what I have is....
Flight Model Flags  12:6
What does that mean?

My Bad, It's FlightModeFlags

From the AH Help File. Setup, Environment, Arena Settings.

FlightModeFlags  

The flight modes are as follows:
Stall Limit Enabled
The stall limit is enabled for everyone and overrides the user's Enable Stall Limiter setting in Setup->Flight.  The stall limit is whatever value is set in the StallLimitAoA variable.

Stall Limit Disabled
The stall limit is disabled for everyone and overrides the user's Enable Stall Limiter setting in Setup->Flight.

Stall Limit New User
The Enable Stall Limiter setting in Setup->Flight can only be used by new players in the arena.  The stall limit is whatever value is set in the StallLimitAoA variable.

Precision Bombsight
Does not require the user to calibrate the bombsight prior to dropping bombs.

Dive Bombsight
Shows a cross hair on the ground for any pilot in an aircraft with a bomb loadout.  The cross hair indicates where the bombs will hit when dropped.

Lead Computed Gunsight
The computed lead time is indicated by a cross hair showing where to shoot when engaging another aircraft.

Air Show Smoke
Streams red and blue smoke from the plane's wingtips.

Formations Enabled
Allows bomber formations to take off from airfields.

Country Perk Enabled
All

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
Timing
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 12:11:38 PM »
You'll get more use out of the LCG in the TA then offline, as the planes in the TA will actually try to maneuver. The LCG is enabled there already, you just need to hit ctr-tab to enable friendly lock.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Timing
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 04:51:50 PM »
shift/ tab for nme
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Timing
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 11:01:21 AM »
'Tab' and 'shift-tab' are just two ways of IDing the enemy you want to target. 'Tab' will cycle thru all targets in view, similar to the check6 function, you just stop hitting tab when you highlight the correct target. 'Shift-tab' will auto highlight the centermost target in your LOS, Line Of Sight.
In the TA , just hit 'Ctrl-Tab' to highlight friendlies, offline you need to enable the LCG in FlightModeFlags as mentioned.
When you get into FlightModeFlags, hit the 'Change' button to see your options.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Timing
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 05:04:30 PM »
Originally posted by pellik
You'll get more use out of the LCG in the TA then offline, as the planes in the TA will actually try to maneuver. The LCG is enabled there already, you just need to hit ctr-tab to enable friendly lock.

Great Suggestion!  I used to practice with the LCG in the offline game and became a dead-eye shot - as long as the planes were in a steady, shallow left hand bank at 200 mph.   Problem was, nobody on-line would fly like that for me!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Timing
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005, 08:22:22 PM »
Offline target practice can work wonders BUT you have to be creative and not just get 300 off their 6 and start firing. Set up different angles to shoot at them whether from left, right, top or below. Even head on shots at the drones can be beneficial. And I don't mean to make you a better HO shot in the game. A forward quarter shot is not always a HO and you will see them often while fighting.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Timing
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2005, 07:41:22 AM »
Hmmm, didn't even know that there was this kind of aim training tool :)

How does this LCG consider the convergencies of the different weapons of the plane? If I have mg:s and a 30mm cannon all set for 300yds and the target is 150yds from me, cannon rounds and mg rounds would hit in different places, right? Which location does the LCG indicate for me? The average between these two?

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Timing
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2005, 08:58:43 AM »
Hmmmm, don't think I know positively about this so put the BS boots on :)
The LCG will bring up two small green +'s, one for the primary and one for the secondary gun.
I do not believe it even considers your convergence setting and just gives the position to fire at, the general spot to shoot considering the targets flight path.
It will even display the +'s when there is NO gun sulution at the time, like looking directly back.
For the exact scoop, we'd need HTCs viewpoint on how the game determines this lead.